A guide to help new players manage their mars base at the start of the game.
See also: Basic Startup Guide to Self-Sufficiency.
Starting Your Mars Colony
The basics for the beginning “Sols” of your colony should look like this.
- Select your rocket ship payload. I suggest using the recommended payload for the first couple of playthroughs in order to get used to the game.
- Locate an area on mars that has a high amount of resources.
- Use your starting probes to identify an area with a source of water and minerals.
- Prepare a basic power source, the large solar panels are usually really good for beginning the game with.
- Setup a basic loop with your power cables in order to prevent complete loss of power to anything connected to your grid.
- Place “Water extractors” over your source of water and connect it to a water tank.
- Place Universal depots in order to save on storage space early game.
- Using the “resupply” button in the bottom left hand corner, ship in supplies and building fabs as needed.
- In the research tab in the bottom right, select a research that suits your colony and the buildings that you have placed.