This is a brief guide on how to quickly level up your survivor and legend level if you are struggling on increasing them. Everything within this guide contains no glitches or modding of any sort to the games base files or the save.
This guide is aimed at all survivors in Dying Light, no matter your skill at the game and is designed to make your experience more enjoyable if you are having a really hard time getting your levels up.
Other Dying Light Guides:
- All Quarantine Zone Locations.
- Parkour Fever Tips and Tricks.
- Full Guide to Content Drop #0.
- Farming Herbs / Easy Medkits (Natural Medkit).
What’s This All About?
The main purpose of this guide is to provide a way of increasing your survivor and legend levels without cheating in any way, shape or form.
For those who do not know, the Legend skill tree is unlocked once one skill tree has reached it’s max level. There are 250 levels for Legend and 25 for Survivor. Your Survivor points are converted to Legend points once you complete your survivor skill tree.
What Are We Going to Do?
The basic gist of the technique is collecting D.R.O.Ps in certain quarantine zones. A personal favourite of mine (And the one I believe to be the most efficient) is Stuffed Turtle, a quarantine zone next to an antenna tower and gas station. You will encounter it during the quest “Pact with Rais”. However, if you do not know the location, here is an image below pinpointing it’s exact location.
Before we even think about farming the D.R.O.Ps, we need to know some things about stuffed turtle before we enter:
- The floor is electrified and there are loose wires hanging from the ceiling. Make sure you use platforms when moving about.
- There are a large amount of enemies in a locked room. If you cannot fight them because you are too weak, do not engage them and simply draw them out. The floor is flooded with water so do not throw firecrackers on there. Instead, throw them on wooden pallets or shelves.
- There is usually a suprise bomber waiting around the corner beyond the locked door. Be mindful of that.
- Your game difficulty effects how well you get rewarded. Normal is suggested if you are new to the game and want to increase your survivor level only. Hard is for those are pretty decent at the game and is suitable for both Survivor and Legend. Nightmare is only for those who are very skilled at Dying Light and want to increase their Legend quicker.
Once you know this, you should be good to go.
Making the Choice
Once you enter you have two ways your looting session can go:
- The quick way but you get less in one go
- The longer way but you get more in one go
I will be explaining each one and how to do it most efficiently.
As mentioned before, this way is much quicker to do and you can probably get more looting sessions fit into a 10 minute frame when compared to option 2.
In Stuffed Turtle, there are 5 total D.R.O.Ps. Three of them are in the main room before the locked door. You can quickly loot these three and dash out.However, there are dangers and I plotted a route which gives you a less likely chance of taking any damage when turning off the power. Once done, you can safely browse through the store getting you D.R.O.Ps.
Instead of getting only three D.R.O.Ps, we will be going after all of them. This requires a bit more skill than the previous one and I only suggest doing this one if you are well equiped and are fairly good at the game. This method can be more efficient than the first, but this depends on your skill as a survivor. If you can unlock the doors and get the two remaining D.R.O.Ps quickly, then this method will prove to be better in the long run. Doing this option also gives you extra survivor points at the end.
After you have done the farming, go to your nearest quartermaster and give them the supplies. You will be rewarded handsomley for your efforts, although the amount of points you get varies on what difficulty you’re playing the game. Just keep on rinsing and repeating and eventually, you will get to Legend Level 250 in no time.