This game is very complex even in this stage and it will get even more complex so this is all the information compacted in a simple top 10 tips.
Other HellSign Guides:
1) Immerse yourself in the game, don’t get influenced by the curent state of the game. Give it some time and explore at your own pace because it’s full of details. When you understand all the basic mechanics, advance to the next stage of the game. So, learn the map layout, learn to use the first 3 devices to find signs, learn how to fight spiders and blood crawlers.
2) Learn how to do the Scounting mission faster, under 10 minutes, about 8minutes is a good place. You need better gear, some skills and practice. When you advance a lot more, you can do it in about 6 minutes. You have to practice, i am sure you have seen a lot of youtubers complaining about the game but that’s because they didn’t play it enough.
3) Try to plan ahead, you have to do some story missions before you get Tier 2 gear( the guns and bait shop guy will tell you to pay 200$ before you can access it). Depending on what class you picked, you can have different objectives. For me, it’s better armor, sound device, better gun, better devices, better gun etc.And there are also the skills, i will break them down next. You have to make your own objectives so your progression is not broken by long periods of “what do it do”.
4) Skills, curently they are a bit broken and there is max level that actually break your game because you can’t advance. So i will write them in order and wich ones do you need more.
- Investigation: Treasure Hunter, Audiophile, Keen Sight.
- Guns: I suggest you go for pistols in this version of the game, semi-auto pistols(not revolvers)
Handguns, extra punch or the revolver skills.
- Survival: Heavy armor, some people don’t like it but hey, it will save your life and make your game faster. First aid to be taken very late in the game, among the last ones at level 10+.
- Subterfuge: Sleight of hand and Counterfeit(most important skill in the game right now).
Here is a rogugh order in wich to take them: Treasure Hunter, Audiophile, Heavy armor, Handguns, Counterfeit. Keep in mind that the end goal is to fight poltergeists so you will have to get Countermeasure and Paranormal peripherals, accesories as well.
Without Treasure Hunter and Counterfeit you will barely make any money.
5) Right now they are working on veteran Scounting missions but i recommand that you farm all the devices on tier 2, a good gun/armor/ and then move to Hunting so you can get 1-2 signs and then get out. Remember that the penalty for “dying” or being teleported at the last moment by the demon in your back is very high, you lose experience, signs and maybe money if you used gear. Don’t be afraid to lose a lot of missions since with your skills you can get 1000 dollars in a 3 min run on Hunting or even 6-7k dollars once you have the gear to fully explore the Hunting.
6) You can experiment with a lot of things and character builds but the archeologist seems to be pretty good. Crafting is not that good at the moment but it has some uses, keep in mind the game has some limitations but the Nock shotgun if you craft it and pair it with a very good semi-auto pistol can be devastating. Geting practice is more important than using a specific gear loadout.
Here is how the nock shotguns works, silly and funny:)
7) Individually break down segments of the game like:
- Fighting the small critters.
- Fighting the ghoul, fighting 2 ghouls.
- Fighting the Spider, the big one.
- Fighting the shadows beasts(gorgons) in the shadow dimension and in the house.
- Avoiding the various house obstacles.
- Geting good with all devices.
Selling signs in such an order to maximase the chance of Counterfeit triggering on the most expensive one.
Practicing to use 2 signs to unlock the bonus as soon as you get them, the next 2 again and even the next 2 again since the Hunting has 9 signs. I mean most people will collect more than 2 signs and then use them, the correct way would be to use the signs as soon as you get them.
And lastly practice sections you are bad at…..i am practicing the Spider encounter a lot more, by that i mean i try to dodge more, check for weakness and kill it faster without moving too much.
Also practice memorising a lot, you need to learn the patern of each house and especially where your van is.
8) Combat small tips: don’t run with enemies in the house, you can trigger other ones
ghouls are better fought in coridors
spiders in more open ares.
Heavy armor can help negate most of the damage the ball of blood crawlers do, just wait in a safe place for them come to you.
Medkits are necesary to finish Hunting but can be skiped most of the game.
The big tentacles from outside are better shot with an auto weapon.
You can evade all attacks from the telekinesis poltergeist, the one that throws furniture at you.
9) Blackjack is almost not worth it since from what i played the ammount of time you need to make more money than you lost is not worth it. But it’s an interesting way of making money.
Money recived from quests can be quite good, too bad there are not many quests.
Another good way of making money is to do sweeping after you get nice gear and do it fast
Here is the blackjack and ghoul fighting.
10) The game is still a horror shooter, if you feel bored with it, take it slow and listen to all the different sounds you can pick up with the sound device, you can get laughing, screaming, creepy girl etc. Same for the other devices.
Warning: if you are using inferior devices on Hunting they will malfunction, the blacklight will start to flicker and it’s very scarry.