This is a guide to teach people how to Play Salt and Sanctuary Online through remote play.
Remote Playing in Salt and Sanctuary
Requirements to Host Someone online include the following:
- 2nd participant to own a controller.
- Host and 2nd participant to have semi decent internet to prevent lagging.
- It helps if the 2nd participant is not cross country, although it still works if your connection is good enough.
- Host must own a controller for bare minimum taking control of the 2nd participant if he disconnects to send him home. (Needs verification on if it is possible to run without host owning a controller at all).
- (needs verification) Host must have 2 controllers to allow them to use a controller themself.
- 2nd participant does not need to own game.
- Remote play at time of posting is in its beta, therefore might have bugs.
- This game Saves off of The Hosts files the 2nd participant's personal progress is meaningless.
- It helps if the host and 2nd Participant have a mic, as if the host Shift tabs, (pops up steam's In-Game menu) the game for the 2nd Participant is paused Salt and Sanctuary does not pause even when 2nd participant can not control his character.
Steps to Playing Online
Have host start Game.
Have Host Shift, Tab (or pop up steams in-game menu).
Click friends list and desired friend you wish to Remote Play with, and Click "Remote Play".
Make sure your not killing their ears and adjust the volume of their game based on what they say. I have personally have had the volume be ultra loud. Just make sure this is not the case.
(Optional) This step can be skipped if the host already has created a character that the 2nd participant is willing to use.
Have the 2nd participant Click any key / button on the Title Screen to allow them to Start new game and create character to their desires, and hopefully defeat unspeakable deep, to wash up on shore.
Note: if host controls the 2nd participant at anytime during this the 2nd participant permanently looses control till returned to title screen.
Have host once the 2nd participant has his character find his way to the first Sanctuary, so long as they chose Stone Sellsword as starting gift, Offer up the stone sellsword to the shrine and Click "Hire" when talking to him.
Have 2nd participant Click A/X on the controller to allow them to select from the list of characters and join in.