More The Witcher 3 Guides:
- Console Commands (Cheat Codes).
- Complete Achievement / Trophy Guide.
- Guide for Stutter Free Smooth Gameplay.
- How to Survive in Death March (Tips and Tricks).
- Off Map Secret Chest in White Orchard.
- Viper Venomous Gear Stat Summary.
- Combat Guide (Some Useful Tips).
- Manticore Gear Stat Summary.
- Gwent Card Collector Guide.
- Death March Walkthrough.
- Useful Tips and Tricks.
Using the debug console to unlock individual achievements for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, and Blood and Wine.
This is not a guide on how to earn the achievements through gameplay. Many people will consider the contents of my guide as cheating. I am inclined to agree... However, the above having been stated, Witcher 3 is a single player game. Play and enjoy it in the ways you see fit.
- You will need to enable the debug console in order to use the method below. I did this by editing a specific configuration file, but there are also mods which enable it.
- As far as I am aware, there is no way to lose a Steam achievement once gained on an account. So do not use this method for achievements which you do not want to earn, or which you plan to earn later through standard gameplay or other means.
- As of posting, almost all of these are untested. This is because I either already have the achievement, or I'm planning to earn it through gameplay later.
- Some of the achievements are marked with an asterisk (*). This is because the Steam name, or unlock criteria, differs from that which I found while exploring the game files. I think I've matched them up correctly. But if an issue exists, it's likely contained in the marked achievements.
- The lists below contain some spoilers. In particular, some achievement descriptions are hidden until you unlock them in Steam, but are shown here.
Enable the Debug Console
Even though this is a very small change, it involves editing a game file. So, standard warning, backup any game files you're changing before you change them.
- While the game is closed, use Steam to open the Local Files for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. (Properties -> Browse Local Files).
- Navigate to: The Witcher 3/bin/config/base.
- Open the file general.ini with a text editor.
- Find the line with DBGConsoleOn in it, and change it to:
- If the line mentioned in 4 does not exist, add DBGConsoleOn=true as the last last in the file.
- Save and exit.
Once in the game, the tilde key (~) opens and closes the debug console. (At least for me.)
Achievements are listed as follows:
Unlock Criteria / Description
Untested (If Applicable)
The console command is: testunlockachievement(<Id>)
To unlock an achievement, replace "<Id>" in the console command with the Id of the achievement and enter the whole thing into the debug console. As example, if you wanted the "A Friend in Need" achievement, you would copy, paste, and enter the following into the debug console:
A Friend in Need
Find and free Dandelion.
Play three hero cards in one round of gwent and win the match.
Armed and Dangerous
Find and equip all the elements of one set of witcher gear.
Ashes to Ashes
Complete the contract on Therazane.
Assassin of Kings *
Take part in the assassination of King Radovid.
Collect the formulae for 6 different bomb types.
Read 30 books, journals or other documents.
Complete all fistfighting quests in Velen, Skellige and Novigrad.
Defeat Olaf, the Skellige champion of unarmed combat.
Butcher of Blaviken
Kill at least 5 opponents in under 10 seconds.
Can't Touch This! *
Kill 5 foes in a fight without taking damage (except for Toxicity) and without using the Quen Sign.
Acquire all gwent cards available in the base version of the game.
Acquire all the Abilities in one tree.
Kill 50 opponents using the environment (e.g. swamp gas, insects or objects).
Even Odds *
Kill 2 monsters you have a contract on without using Signs, potions, mutagens, oils or bombs.
Find the baron's wife and daughter.
Fast and Furious
Win all the horse races in the game.
Fearless Vampire Slayer *
Complete the contract on Sarasti.
Fiend or Foe? *
Complete the contract on Morvudd.
Fire in the Hole
Destroy 10 monster nests using bombs.
Fist of the South Star
Defeat an opponent in a fistfight without taking any damage.
Friends With Benefits
Complete the subplot involving Keira Metz.
Bring all possible allies to Kaer Morhen for the battle against the Hunt.
Geralt and Friends
Win a round of gwent using only neutral cards.
Geralt: The Professional
Complete all witcher contracts.
Discover 100 fast travel points.
Gwent Master *
Defeat Tybalt and win the gwent tournament held at the Passiflora.
Humpty Dumpty *
Kill 10 opponents by knocking them off somewhere high with the Aard Sign.
Kaer Morhen Trained
Perform 10 effective counterattacks in a row without getting hit or parrying.
Complete the subplot about choosing Skellige's ruler.
Let's Cook! *
Learn 12 potion formulae.
Lilac and Gooseberries
Find Yennefer of Vengerberg.
Kill 50 human and nonhuman opponents by striking them in the head with a crossbow bolt.
Reach character development level 35.
Fill all mutagen slots.
Help Yennefer extract information from Skjall's body.
Make an opponent suffer from bleeding, poisoning and burning simultaneously. Do this 10 times.
Passed the Trial
Finish the game on any difficulty.
Destroy all monster nests in the Velen / Novigrad region, or in Skellige.
Have all possible Place of Power bonuses active at the same time.
Ran the Gauntlet
Finish the game on the "Blood and Broken Bones!" or "Death March!" difficulty levels.
Complete the contract on the shrieker.
That Is the Evilest Thing
Ignite the gas produced by a Dragon's Dream bomb using a burning opponent. Do this 10 times.
The Doppler Effect
Resolve the doppler problem in Novigrad.
The Enemy of My Enemy
Use the Axii Sign to force one opponent to kill another. Do this 20 times.
The King is Dead
Kill 3 opponents in one fight using 3 different methods (sword, bombs, crossbow, signs, fists, environment).
Walked the Path
Finish the game on the "Death March!" difficulty level.
What Was That?
Attack, counter, cast a Sign and throw a bomb (in any order) in under 4 seconds.
Complete the contract on the Woodland Spirit.
Visit Tir ná Lia and convince Ge'els to betray Eredin.
Hearts of Stone
Can Quit Anytime I Want
Be under the influence of seven potions or decoctions at the same time.
Curator of Nightmares
Recreate all of Iris' nightmares in the Painted World.
I Wore Ofieri Before It Was Cool
Collect all available Ofieri armor and horse gear, and at least one Ofieri sword.
I'm Not Kissing That
Kill the prince cursed into a toad.
Win a round of gwent with a total strength of at least 187.
Let the Good Times Roll!
Participate in all the activities at the wedding.
Kill 20 cows.
Pacta Sunt Servanda
Finish the "Hearts of Stone" expansion.
Rad Steez, Bro!
Slide downhill uninterrupted for at least 10 seconds.
Return to Sender
Kill 3 opponents with their own arrows.
Buy all the items put on the block at the Borsodis' Auction House.
When It's Many Against One... *
Provoke all Iris von Everec's Nightmares into fighting you at the same time and defeat them.
Wild Rose Dethorned
Destroy all the fallen knights of the Order of the Flaming Rose's campsites.
Blood and Wine
A Knight to Remember
Obtain a flawless victory in all the competitions during the knights' tourney.
David and Golyat
Kill Golyat with a crossbow bolt to his eye.
Dressed to Kill
Unlock the bonus for equipping all the witcher gear elements from one School.
Embodiment of the Five Virtues
Be given Aerondight by the Lady of the Lake.
Hasta la Vista™
Kill a frozen opponent with a crossbow bolt.
I Have a Gwent Problem
Collect all the cards in the Skellige deck.
Kling of the Clink
Serve time in Toussaint.
Last Action Hero
Be decorated with the Order of Vitis Vinifera.
Use all available options for developing Corvo Bianco.
The Grapes of Wrath Stomped
Help unite the warring vineyards and have wine named in your honor.
The Witcher's Gone South
Travel to the Duchy of Toussaint.
Turned Every Stone
Find all grandmaster diagrams for each witcher school.
Develop a mutation.