In this guide we’ve outlined the core Xbox One controller settings which are easily transferred to PlayStation 4 if you’re playing on that console instead.
Here’s an easy to reference snapshot of the default Xbox controller settings, which you can click or tap on to enlarge. Note that you can make use of some special alternative settings which you’ll find just below the image itself.
Apex Legends PlayStation 4 Controls
Every control option on the PS4 version of Apex Legends.
- Left Stick – Movement
- Right Stick – Camera
- R3 – Melee
- L3 – Sprint
- L1 – Tactical Ability
- L2 – Aim Down Sight (Hold)
- R1 – Ping / Ping Wheel (Hold)
- R2 – Attack
- L1 + R1 – Ultimate Ability
- Triangle – Cycle Weapon / Holdster (Hold)
- Circle – Crouch (Toggle)
- X – Jump
- Square – Interact / Pick Up / Reload (Hold)
- D-Pad Up – Use Health / Shield Kit / Health Wheel (Hold)
- D-Pad Down – Extra Character Action
- D-Pad Left – Toggle Fire Mode / Inspect Weapon (Hold)
- D-Pad Right – Equip Grenade / Grenade Wheel (Hold)
Alternative Controller Options
- Puts jump on LB.
- Allows for jumping without sacrificing view agility.
- Puts crouch on R press.
- Puts jump on LB and crouch on R press.
- Jump, duck, slide and drop from walls without sacrificing view agility.
- Puts grenades on RB and ping on Up D-Pad.
- Puts jump on LB and crouch on RB.
- Best used with “Hold to Crouch” enabled.