This is the easiest way to get the hardest achievement in Castle Crashers by yourself or with others.
Note this guide requires the the game to be played in multiplayer with all 4 slots being used. Whether it be 1 person or multiple, there needs to be a way to control all 4 characters. I did this with 3 controllers and a keyboard by myself.
The characters and controllers will not matter as long as you can use them during the game.
When trying to face this achievement I found some commonly agreed upon things: a larger map without small paths to trap you, when in a pinch button mash to make up some ground and pausing will give you time to think out your next move. What I uncovered was in a 4 player game on a specific map, one of the characters will spawn out of bounds and be untouchable to the enemies. The map is an ice stage and as far as I am aware, will only spawn a character out of bounds on a 4 player game.
I recommend playing locally off one PC instead of playing online for a few reasons. Online games tends to lag in the wrong moments, occasionally you can get kicked out of the party putting you back at the main menu and the biggest reason is that you cannot pause an online game.
This is the stage you should look for. Note that the Orange Knight is on the water tile and unreachable.
Important Things You Should Know
- The movement in the game consist of pushing the button with the matching color (arrow if you use keyboard) or using the control stick pushing in the direction of the arrow. This means you can spam with the buttons and control stick on your controller making it easier if you prefer one or the other.
- The enemies gradually get faster and start getting brutal around the 1:45 mark. They will also gang up on one character commonly, including the one on the water tile.
- When a player dies in a multiplayer game a potion will spawn to revive them and if there is multiple dead then it will randomly revive them. If there is one player left alive then a sad meter appears and usually potion with it.
- The sad meter will eventually kill the last player if they do not revive another person as seen in the image below. It takes about 15 seconds for the bar to fill up completely.
- First things first, pick your characters and remember which character is on which controller.
- Seek out the stage in the picture above. No other stage will work so just ether wait for the game to kill you or move towards the enemies to get killed.
- When you find the find the stage be careful to not move the character that is on the water tile and I isolated the controller so I didn’t attempt to touch it.
- Spread out the characters to different sides of the map to be able to see the whole map and to keep them from getting bunched up/caught on each other.
- Survive till the 2:15 mark as the sad meter will only last 15 seconds when the character on the water tile is left. Remember you can pause if you need a moment to think or map yourself.
- Around the 1:45 mark this gets extremely difficult so I spammed the controllers if an enemy was by the character and locked onto the potions when they spawned with one that wasn’t under a lot of heat.
Done and Done!
I got the achievement my 1st try doing it using this method and my friend who I shared it with got it on their 2nd try. It still requires luck and a small bit of skill, but is a vastly easier way to get it then any other method I’ve seen.