This guide tells you how to make your character turn in place, if you want your character's back turned to the wall for example.
Guide to Turn in Place
What You Need
- Low value item (like bones or a cabbage).
- The spellbook.
How to Do It (Method 1)
1. Once you have your spell book open, choose a spot where you want to turn in place. I chose this stone bench as my spot.
2. Once you are happy with your spot, decide on which direction you want your character to face. Move exactly one space towards it and drop your item of choice (I'm using swordfish because that's what I had on my character).
Warning other players will be able to pick up this item/disappear after a while. Make sure you are using something you are willing to lose.
3. Go back to the spot where you will be turning in place. Once there, right-click any spell you can cast from your spellbook and select Cast, then click on the item you dropped (I used the lowest level air-spell to demonstrate that you do not need any Magic Level requirement to do this).
Voila! Your character now has turned in place!
How to Do It (Method 2)
This section is to show you how you can turn in place when you can't put any object in the direction you want to face.
- A prop with an "Examine" option on the direction you want to face.
Step 1: Go behind the object you want to face. Make sure it has an examine option.
Step 2: Right-click any spell you can cast from your spellbook and select Cast, then click on the object.
Voila! Your character has turned in place! Now you can finally live out your shopkeeper dreams.