This guide includes basic observations and strategy to save everyone some time.
Guide to Basics
Your Party is broken into 3 people with one "Main Character" that also has background points. Keep in mind your Background defaults when you randomize.
The Stat grid thresholds are per pentagon line. Moderate is the innermost line and High is the next line out from there. I would encourage you to align your MC's stats with your background's art.
There are really cool traits like heaven's chosen and gifted but in practice im just glad to not have any negatives as I emphasize Stat distribution and Skills more
I've read that the only skills your cultivators care about is Qi cultivation, Crafting and battle more or less in that order. In the early game You start with a free Level up Pill but cultivation is a long road.
Generally I pick the following:
- Artifact Savior for 2 Points, Three artifacts to avoid the -15 penalty for being without one (Expensive).
- A Basic Law for 1 point, Ensuring you start with at least 100% compatibility is critical.
- Sociable for the extra starter pawn as Inner Sect members do not do chores.
Generally starts are going to go in this order:
- Chop Wood.
- Place Campfire.
- Place The two Crafting spots.
- Cut Trees and/or Punch rocks.
- Craft Planks or Bricks (probably both).
- Craft Tools.
- Build a well.
- Build Assorted tool stations that upgrade what you have.
- Place Farms.
- Build an Observatory.
- Eventually Build rooms, I Build Four 3x5 Internals and one 5x5 Internal for my Sect Leader.
Things to keep in Mind
Rooms for cultivators should Ideally be made of the element that their element consumes with only the bed being their element. Other furniture should be of the consumed element as well.
Doors should be on the south side.
You start with a cultivation Pill, once you have your new Inner Disciple they don't work and will be very upset if they are not given an Artifact and a weapon. Weapons can be crafted or found on corpses and artifacts cost at least 5000 Qi in a material to craft.
Secrets are functionally accessed under the world tab and a big one to look out for is a couple of weeks in you get a secret mission to investigate the old sect. This gives you all of the starter inheritances.
Honestly the in game tutorial is solid.
Biggest thing is to ensure your rooms are made of the element that is consumed by what you are trying to cultivate. The only item of your element should be the Bed/Throne object you cultivate on.
And bedroom doors face south.