This is a guide on how to gain a lot of free supplies, materials, and credits in campaign mode (singleplayer or multiplayer).
Making Money Guide
- This strategy will stretch your moral fibers.
- It involves any station you can dock at, its reactor room, some diving suits, a welding tool and violence.
- Much like your submarine, stations rely on power and oxygen to keep their inhabitants alive.
I think you can probably guess where this is going.
Step 1: Preparation
You need (at minimum):
- A diving suit.
- Plenty of oxygen tanks.
- A welding tool.
- Weapons of your choosing (stun baton + anything else).
Step 2: Action
In a nutshell, you will:
- Go to the reactor room (with your diving suit on).
- Weld the door to the reactor room shut, preferably when there are no security in the room.
- Incapacitate the engineer by any means necessary.
- Obtain the engineer’s keycard.
- Turn off the main reactor, and make sure it stays off.
- Wait until the population of the station suffocates to death.
- Unweld the door.
- Turn the reactor back on once everyone is fully dead. Any stragglers should be easy pickings.
- Take off your diving suit once the oxygen flows again.
- Grab the duffel bags that have replaced the dead bodies and take them to your ship.
- If you die in multiplayer doing this, you will respawn anyways.
- Sometimes turning the reactor off of automatic control is all that is necessary to make the power output too low for the station to survive.
- You should probably wait to do this until after you have bought everything you needed from the NPC’s.
- Now that you have all of your loot, what can you do with it?
- Some things can be immediately sold upon arrival at a new/refreshed station.
- Some things have to be deconstructed first before they can be sold.
- Or you can just fabricate them into something else.
A good order of operations is to:
- Pick through the loot and take what you want/need.
- Craft anything else you need.
- Sell everything you can.
- Deconstruct everything you can’t.
- Keep or sell the materials.
- Repeat the whole process again once you rob a new station.
Congratulations, you are now Europa’s most unethical pirate! And hopefully slightly richer.