This is a guide on how to pick a companion yourself that you will date. In case you missed an important trigger that causes a romantic relationship.
Setting Up a Romantic Relationship
Hey, first things first. I didn’t know it was possible to date Karlach, so I started dating Shadowheart, and it was only a kiss. Later, I found out that it was possible to date Karlach. But there was no way I was going to date her at the moment of my playthrough. When I loaded my old save, I found out that I missed an important moment at the party with tiflings. Also after installing first infernal alloy, there was dialogue option “But you still can’t be touched?”. To which you could answer, “Yes, I really wanted to touch you.”
In short, I was desperate and thinking to play again with old save, but i didn’t want to lose 25 hours of gameplay. I started looking for another option. Didn’t find anything.
Decided to make something like a mod. But i couldn’t find a suitable script that would be responsible for triggers for romantic relationships.
Then I decided to edit the save, and I succeeded. After this changes, I was able to talk to her about loving relationships at camp. BUT you probably won’t have dialog that leads to dating. Like cooling off Karlach with ice.
If anyone wants to try this. I’ll warn you about possible bugs in future with your game, your save. It’s up to you to edit your save, it’s up to you to keep playing this save. Do it at your own risk.
All you need to is:
- Download LSLib Toolkit, pick “ExportTool-v1.18.2.zip”.
- Unpack and run it with admin rules.
- Go “story osi tools”
- Go to your save.
- C:\Users\Your PC Name\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames\Story
- Make sure you did backup.
- Load your save. Put “DB_Origin” in the filter. Copy id of your desired character you want to date.
- Now put “DB_Ori_Dating” in the filter.
- And yes, you probably need to date someone already. I don’t know how to add new one.
- Just put id of someone you want to date and click “SAVE”. Replace your save in the save folder with new one and load the game. Go to the camp and you will see your dialogue.
Good luck and have fun.