There’s tons of ‘FPS fixes’ online, few help, and even then it’s barely noticeable. This guide is here to help people fix their game while also being condensed and easy to follow.
Guide to Fix FPS
- Make sure that your GPU supports Vulkan, the main fix switches the renderer, my GTX 960 supports it, so if you have a newer card, you should be fine.
- If you have an older card like a GTX 660, you may need to search online to see if your card supports Vulkan.
Step 1 (The Main One)
- Download DXVD.
- Extract the folder using Winrar or 7-Zip.
- Grab the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll from the x32 folder and copy them to the game exe location. The default is Borderlands2/Binaries/Win32.
- The game should now run in Vulkan and therefore it should run better, I’ve noticed a boost of 40fps but depending on your specs, the boost could be less.
- Set PhysX to Low if it isn’t already on Low.
- It can be disabled, but that requires editing an ini file and also has issues with particles if disabled from what I can find online.
- Your game should now have somewhat improved performance-wise.
- If you were unable to play at a stable 60, it should be possible now.
- If you had to lower settings like view distance, you should now be able to use higher settings.