These are a list of tips and tricks that I found while playing the game. There are spoilers.
Tips and Tricks
- Instead of travelling back and forth to water plants, build a put a bird bath next to them to fill up the water can.
- Stack stones (stone path recipe) to build a structure that you can set things on top.
- You can store shelves within shelves.
- When you travel to an island, you can get back home by simply selecting it from the same menu that you save and exit the game.
- You can stand on a table to reach things. Bring it with you if you need to.
- When it comes to using compost and seeds, sometimes it’s better to dump them out of the bag on a wood surface like your house floor or a walkway.
- If you like the colour of a pet, bring it to the point where it wants to nest to keep it. Take a picture before that point if you don’t want a picture above it’s head)
- If use the hoe when a plant is still young, you will harvest a smaller version of it.
- You can put fences up to keep animals to a certain area.
Note: if a new animal comes that you didn’t expect, it may not be in the fenced area. I believe if you don’t feed it at the beginning, it will eventually leave.
- So you don’t loos fish on your line, let the fish run when it tries to and real in when it doesn’t.
- Disposing of things:
- Pictures go on the garbage can (garbage can purchased from the vendor, camera in the broken down house by the vendor). If a picture gets stuck, move the garbage can and the picture will remain.
- Empty recycle and grass bags go in the recycle (build the recycle using recipe).