A quick reference of hints & tips for new players to the My Time series.
For those of you who are new to the My world series welcome!
Sandrock is a wonderful game, so much to do and explore…
I’ve played and researched Sandrock for many hours and keep finding things I’d previously overlooked.
Here are some starting recommendations and info I would like to share.
Notepad & Pen
- To note things “to check out later”.
- Sometimes there’s a lot going on and easy to forget details.
- Go into Menu/Options and change game speed from default 2 to 0.5.
- This slows the speed of the clock so you get more time to do things before 3am when you are forced to sleep.
- Need to think about a potential action and want to stop the clock?
- Press [ESC] to get to the main menu to gain some thinking time.
Hit Tab button to quicksave, use planting kit, etc.
- It brings up a new directional menu. Has quicksave, camera, planting kit, etc.
- These are scattered around the map. They contain interesting and useful items to help you on your way.
- There are also white chests in the various caves.
- It’s not a competition. Take time to enjoy the atmosphere and explore. There is so much that can be missed by rushing through the day.
- The daily commissions have a limited time to be completed. They are easily do-able with some care in choosing and planning.
- Very quickly you will run out of inventory/backpack space.
- Pay to open more backpack slots.
- Buy a Storage Chest from Arvio at the General Store in the first week.
He gives a discount
- Make Storage Chests on your Worktable.
You do you
- We all have different game style preferences.
- In Sandrock there is a lot to do and explore, find your own path and allow yourself to be immersed. The important thing is to have fun!
- Each time you sleep an auto save is done.
- Manual saves can be done at anytime with the option to rename/delete them for ease of reference.
- Consider doing a save as a restore/load point after arriving at Sandrock. Then you can have look around, get used to the controls etc before doing a reload of that save to really get into the game.
Watch & Listen
- Watch the cut scenes closely and listen to the other characters dialogue.
- There are lots of clues and brilliant humour to enjoy.
There are various ways to seek guidance and information.
- Look at the in-game tutorials via the main menu.
- Our guides.
Want more commissions?
- Put a weekly ad in the local rag – Tumbleweed Standard.