Here’s my personal proposal for the greatest route order for the best experience and enjoyment. My advice is not binding; you are free to play the game as you want, especially if you enjoy figuring out how to acquire different endings and experimenting with different options. However, for the finest experience, you should follow my route order recommendations to the letter.
Put simply for the best experience (In my humble opinion):
Explanation and Other Options
For your very first playthrough, you can play however you’d like if that’s what you would like to do. You’ll most likely find just playing the common route.
However I heavily recommend going straight for Kotori’s route.
- Kotori route is a very good introduction to the novel and sets you up for the rest of the read. When you restart your playthrough after a common route, I believe some magic of immersion can be lost. I like to play this less as a game, but more of a story.
Chihaya 2nd because if you read other’s you’ll be spoiled on a few things.
- We’re trying to get the best experience of first time reading rewrite.
- It is a little longer read than Kotori’s Route.
- I think it works pretty well after Chihaya.
- She’s my favorite character from rewrite.
- It is the shortest read.
- She can be played anytime but its generally better for her to be played towards the end.
- If you like her a lot then you can switch route order with Shizuru, or maybe even Chihaya.
Akane gives a lot of final information and closes everything out for Moon Route.
- It is best if you play it last. Its also my favorite read out of all.
- What is Moon Route? You unlock it after you complete all 5 heroine’s story.
- It like a prologue for the epilogue, Terra Route.