If you face issues with achievements not unlocking, this guide should help.
Guide to Fix Achievements Not Unlocking
Step by Step
Things to do
- Uninstall your Origin/EA play (if already installed previously).
- Download the Origin Offline Installer. You can use the following link I found.
- Install Origin, make sure you uncheck “keep origin and my games upto date” (the box must be grey, no tick for this option)
Important: After installation, DO NOT log in to your account.
- Go to “C:\ProgramData\Origin” and open the file “local.xml” with Notepad.
- Before the last line , copy paste the below line:
<Setting key="MigrationDisabled" type="1" value="true"/>
- Ensure you hit enter after the line before ” to create a new line for the function you need to paste.
If you struggle to find the “ProgramData” folder, you most likely need to unhide hidden folders. To do so, go to Windows control panel select “Appearance and Personalization”, click on “show hidden files and folders, under “Hidden files and Folders” select the second option which says “show hidden files, folders and drivers” and click “apply” and ok.
- Delete the files called “OriginThinSetupInternal.exe” which can be located at:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
If you are missing any one of three, go to their master folders and try searching “originthin” to find and delete the files.
- To prevent Steam from force installing EA play on game launch, go into your game folder in “SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Survivor__Installer\Origin\redist\internal”, then delete the file “EAappInstaller.exe”.
Also, open “SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Survivor\InstallScript.vdf” with Notepad, find “EAappinstaller.exe” and scroll all the way down (or ctrl+F to search) to find and change the following from “true” to “false” (you need to manually delete true and type in the word false in its place).
- Log into your Origin Account. if the Client asks you to update, do not do so.
This should fix it now.
it never worked for me but turning off ALL the overlays on my PC and disabling the steam dlc and then re-enabling it did it eventually