Before you Play the Runestone Keeper game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Your armor is determined at the start of each floor, so you can temporarily switch to high-armor equipment before descending down a floor for some extra survivability.
- Always strive to pick up life hearts at full HP to increase your maximum health as the benefit adds up noticeably over time, especially with a couple of early points in Stamina.
- Using skills or items to indirectly slay enemies that reduce your stats upon their death allows you to avoid the stat penalty.
- Svafa's (who is unlocked by reaching the 10th floor on Nightmare) Polymorph ability removes all abilities from its target, making it very useful for avoiding nasty effects on regular enemies.
- Items which destroy powerful enemies in one hit are very valuable, but don't get too stuck hoarding things as you probably won't have the souls to use all your items on one floor anyway.
- Miscellaneous event advice: Don't touch the mummy. The black handprint is useful for almost everyone. Sashimi makes you real strong.