Before you play the Nier: Automata game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- There is no auto save.
- You unlock fast travel early, so you may want to do some story missions before going for side quests.
- Some attacks aren’t obvious. Jump and press Heavy Attack or Pod immediately do a special aerial attack. Heavy attacks vary depending on your weapon.
- You don’t have to keep pressing the dash button to run fast. You press it for a short while and keep pressing the analog stick in a direction.
- Be mindful of enemy levels. You can fight lvl 20 mooks and then suddenly run into a lvl 50 enemy that will mess you up.
- Leveling up weapons at weapon sellers can add combos and special attributes to them.
- Don’t play the prologue on hard, because you can’t save, and dying will make you do the whole thing over again.
- There are no difficulty-related achievements.
- Almost nothing is missable. You unlock a chapter select after your third playthrough and can redo sidequests you missed.
- The story isn’t finished until you get to ending E. To be very clear you are supposed to play through the game multiple times to see the entire story. It is not the same experience each time.
- Dodging at the same time as an enemy attack is called a perfect evade and has a special visual effect. A light attack, heavy attack, or pressing the fire button afterwards will each do a special counterattack.
- If you have more than one pod, charge pod program button to use multiple programs at once.
- Retrieving someone else’s online corpse looks like it gives you chips, but it instead gives you those chip effects as a temporary buff.
- Save before you eat the Mackerel.
- You can buy most rare materials for your weapon upgrades from the shop on wheels. After talking to him once, he will move around the City Ruins and has a 50% chance to sell materials at the Resistance Camp location; reload the game if he’s not there.
- Fish only for money, an important item in the ocean, and a weapon found in the sewers. If you’re insane and still want to fill out your fishing log, the Flooded City has the rarest fish near the missile.
- There’s a buried weapon in the desert you can get using the radar skill. This is located between the two pipelines along the save point radius’ gradient.
- Talk to the NPC wearing a machine head after you complete ending E for a secret shop.
- The “Arcade Game” you unlock can be filled out as you continue to hack. It has 48 stages and lots of rewards. You can cheese these by using the easy mode skill-mods.
- There’s one missable in the game and its prerequisites require you to have every weapon at max level.
- There are only four quests which you must do in your first playthrough (Before you reach Ending A): Terminal Repairs (which is mandatory), Find A Present (for 6O), 11B’s Memento, and Jackass’ Research.
Recommended for You
- None Found