The Magichange scroll offers more than it lets on. I could not find a guide that explains this mechanic, so I created one.
How to Create The Magichange Weapon
1. Magichange scroll on LV 160+
Obtained by the ‘Magichanging self’ felony (recommended, just magichange a few times) or by hunting the Animal Pirates in any item world.
Trick: when there is a mystery gate on floor 9 of the dummy item, the trick won’t work. But if there is no mystery gate when there should be one (e.g. on floor 3 after a reset), you can gency out there and the trick works too.
2. A max-level monster with (balanced) stats of your choice
Any monster will work, although generic ones are recommended (otherwise you would need to unlock the unique monster over and over again later).
Best stats can be achieved by: storing 186k levels –> reincarnating with completely balanced stats –> leveling to 9999 –> reincarnating one last time with desired stats (previous reincarnation just boosted some stats for this one) –> leveling one last time to 9999.
For farming the stored levels, I recommend to turn the monster into a sinner (fastest way to learn Big Bang) or male warrior (decent fist scaling, fast level rate) and using Big Bang to clear the enemies in LoC Dark World stage 13-1, as shown in this video by shuu garaku. Keep in mind, this will require decent gear.
3. Combine 1 and 2
Equip the Magichange scroll on the monster. No other items required. Only raw stats matter.
4. A cycle that hasn’t reached episode 10 yet
If you’re past chapter 9 you gonna get into the next cycle.
- Pass the “I want to see the ending” bill.
- In that adonic stage, clear all enemies except for the healer in the corner (aka almost clear the stage).
- Get out any remember-able character of your choice and magichange the monster onto them. If you already did this before, you should see an increase in the character’s stats.
- With a different character, clear the stage by execute (do not end turn).
- Wait until you can save and start a new cycle (preferably, in Adell mode) (also, at least one backup save is recommended, just in case).
- Enter the new cycle, move to the weapon shop, TRY any weapon and replace the magichanged weapon your remembered character should still carry. This will put the weapon into your inventory.
- Pass the “I want to see the ending” bill in the new cycle. This will undo the magichange, the new weapon you tried on will vanish forever but the magichange weapon will still be in your inventory.
- If you had a magichange weapon equipped, try any weapon to remove that one.
- Equip the strongest magichange weapon in your inventory.
- Repeat steps 2-9 until you are satisfied with the weapon.
You will eventually amass many versions of the weapon, I would recommend to either equipping weak versions on random character, stashing them in your warehouse, or selling them.
My final creation, with which I managed to defeat Unleashed Pringer X Go:
This concludes the guide, give it a try if you want to break the game a little more.
Grinding through this method for too long may lead to insanely high stats with the weapon alone (especially when the character is fully leveled). Thus, you might be able to skip leveling any item to 200, which may take 3-10 hours per item, depending on luck.
However, staring at a credit roll isn’t the best type of gameplay either, so pick your poison.
Also, upgrading the weapon with Magichange 2 won’t to anything.
Actually, the monster you choose in the first place does not matter that much either; eventually, you will reach way too high stats anyway. Only the type of weapon is important, since that determines your available skills. Well, that, and the aesthetics of course. I would recommend giving every generic monster weapon a look before making a final decision.
Final note: if you do decide to go for a unique monster – it’s impossible to perform the trick with Midboss, Raspberyl and Prism Red. They simply cannot join your team before the Adonic ending. Kurtis also won’t work, since he’s LoC only.