Before you play the Metal Gear Solid game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Get good at switching back and forth rapidly between first-person and third-person, you'll need it for the first boss battle.
- Unequipping and re-equipping a weapon reloads it instantly.
- Cigarettes are useful for detecting invisible lasers, Thermal Goggles even moreso.
- Always search out an area before moving on. There are a lot of items hidden around that you don't want to miss, for example the first gun in a truck at the helipad and the Thermal Goggles in one of the tank hangar rooms. Also keep in mind any card-locked doors you can't access yet.
- Meryl's frequency is 140.15. This was a piece of piracy control in the original release - the game will ask you for a code "on the back on the CD" which doesn't mean a CD you have in game, but the actual PS1 case.
- You'll get tortured at some point in the story, and whether you give in or not determines the ending and NG+ reward.