An achievement hunting guide for Figment.
Maps Quick Guide
There are several achievements that will pop as you complete the game. They mostly occur after completing story based objectives.
Achieved after completing the intro of the game - will pop once you leave Outer Cerebrum for the first time.
Achieved after defeating the Nightmare in Freedom Isles - the boss fight is at the top of Fulfillment Slope which is entered after getting all the trumpet pieces to cross the bridge.
Achieved after defeating the Nightmare in Clockwork Town - the boss fight is at the top of the elevator.
Achieved after defeating the Nightmare in the Pathway - the boss fight is at the end of The Summit.
Achieved after reaching the very top of the pathway and giving yourself a 'wake-up call'.
Health Points Achievements
These will unlock naturally as you progress through the game. New bars are achieved by collecting endorphyns which are dropped by enemies. You'll see next to your health guage there is a thin vial of sorts which slowly fills up as you collect endorphyns.
Now when I first went into Cerebrum City, my achievements were registering that I was 1/2 on my way to the first one 'Back into Shape'. I can only assume that you get an auto one in Outer Cerebrum and from there it fills up a lot slower. I unlocked my first achievement in The Gardens of Creativity, my second in Clock Tower and the third in The Summit
Each time you fill the thin vial it adds an extra health slot in the larger vial. Basically it improves your overall HP.
The spin attack can be done by either holding in the left control button until the sword glows and then released (Legend of Zelda style :D) or you can hold in your left mouse button. This achievement can easily be done when you have the first sing-song encounter with the Nightmare you are chasing at the very beginning of the game. He will surround you with three enemies - simply do your spin attack here and you're done!
That all being said - it is possible to miss the blade master achievement. I got through my whole playthrough and realised I hadn't done it when on a few occassions I thought I had hit three enemies with a spin at once. Be careful as once you've defeated a group of enemies, they won't respawn.
All across Freedom Isles you'll find these plague rats (pictured below). Be sure to kill them all and you'll unlock this achievement. There are two spots where when you first encounter the plague rat, it will continue to respawn no matter how many times you kill it. At the time of writing this - killing these two respawning plague rats does not count towards the achievement and the achievement has yet to pop for me even after multiple playthroughs. Hoping this will be patched soon.
Bug Squasher Achievement
Clockwork Town is home to a Nightmarish spider. It's up to you to defeat spiders that spawn randomly in all parts of the world. This popped as early as Enigma Hill for me but may take you longer in your playthrough.
When you enter The Pathway there will be enemies frm all the worlds you've visited but you'll get to see quite a few of the tentacle monster. Defeat ten of these and you're a-okay!
Memory Collection Achievements, Part 1
You'll find memories throughout the worlds and for me I had a lot of fun trying to figure out some of the puzzles to unlock memories. I suggest you try to find them yourself and if yo get stuck, come to the guide. Keep in mind this is a guide - not a walkthrough so I've tried to not directly say what you need to do. If you're really struggling you can message me or comment and I'll help out.
Now when you're exploring, you'll know a memory is near by when you pass a memory stone. Keep an eye out for these guys.
Note: at the time of writing this guide this achievement is a bit buggy. I've collected all 16 but my game is only registering 10. This should be patched soon.
In Outer Cerebrum, Piper (the bird) will point out your first memory. Walk up to it and you're done. This will then be stored in the park in Cerebrum City. You can visit it later on to see all the memories you've collected.
You'll find other memories all over the place. I've included some small screenshots below followed by a short description.
Found by placing two green batteries in Overpass of Originality of Freedom Isles. The batteries can be found 1) In the Gardens of Creativity and 2) The Freedom Planes. This means you'll need to be sure to take the green battery right at the start else you'll have to backtrack.
In the Symphonic Lobe you need to organise some mirrors around so you can access the bongos and get the tree to drop the rattle shaker thing (never thought I would type that sentence)... anyways.. So the second mirror that it bounces off can be turn so that it deflects poison to the left. This will kill a flower blocking a handle which you can then turn to blow away the gas and collect the memory.
In the Gardens of Creativity, there is another seedling hole to the right of the pot house. Plant a seedling and on the other side is a windmill you can power. Go all the way back to the water mill house and collect the green battery. Power the fan, blow away the gas and collect the memory. Be sure to keep the green battery at the end so you can use it in Overpass of Originality.
In Enigma Hill, when you enter the area up ahead are three large clockfaces that you need to move past quickly to prevent the hands from hitting you. When you make it pass the clock in the corner you come to a platform that asks you for a blue and orange battery. Plug those in and you'll get the memory on the other side. They batteries can be found 1) in Enigma Hill (orange) and 2) Clockwork Junction (blue). Once you complete Enigma hill, take the metal disc and orange battery back with you to Clockwork Junction and collect the blue battery. Because you have the metal disc, you're now able to get back with the blue battery.
In Clockwork Junction to the left you find a tall thin orange house that looks like a pipe sticking out of the ground. There is an orange battery slot next to the house - place is a battery, knock on the door and there you do.
In Composition Row, once you complete the organ bridge and kick the Train of Thought back into motion you'll be able to take a pipe path to your right. Go down and solve the puzzle to get to another memory.
In Composition Row, there is the large organ house. You need to play the correct chord to get another memory. Hint: There is another chord stone somewhere else in Clockwork Junction.
In Geometry Square on the piece of land that has two houses right next to one another, there is a lift to the left. You'll need two metal pieces for each lift. The metal pieces can be found 1) in Clockwork Junction and 2)Enigma Hill. It sounds silly but I actually left my two metal pieces behind after doing this and then could get back into other areas in Clockwork Town. Make sure you get your metal pieces back!
In Planning Plateau there is the large steam/record player house. Get all those buttons to light up and you'll get another memory for your collection.
Come back to the second house in Freedom Promenade after you defeated the nightmare. She thanks you with a memory.
In Freedom Promenade cross the centipede bridge and you'll get to a large house with two doors. The point here is to get all the windows to light up. Knock and listen to whether you get a 'breh' or 'bruh' response which will help you.
Memory Collection Achievements, Part 2
In Bright Planes there is a blue roof house and the owner is upset about not being able to play his electric drums without power. Bring back a blue battery all the way from the boss fight in Fulfillment Slope and you'll get the memory.
In Composition Row there is a large organ. Play the correct chord to get the memory. Hint: There is another chord stone somewhere in Clockwork Town!
This last one is a bit tricky - the kettle brothers. There are three kettle brothers in The Freedom Isles. Two of them live in blue kettle shaped houses in Bright Planes and Gardens of Creativity while the other brother lives in a house with an upside down red funnel in Freedom Promenade. The brother in Bright Planes asks you to make sure all of his brothers are boiling their kettles. You need to make sure that the other brothers have what is required to boil the kettle and then go back to the brother in Bright Planes. I've included pictures of their houses for reference.
In Freedom Promenade during your first playthrough you would have stolen a battery from a house with an upside down funnel for a roof. After defeating the nightmare, go back to the house, put the battery back in and talk to the home owner a few times.
In Geometry Square on the piece of land where the two houses are is a mini puzzle - you need to get all the lights on the top of each house to light up and then you'll unlock a memory. I know it's frustrating but keep going - there is a pattern! Hint: Start with the house on the left, knock and listen to whether he says nah-ah or yeah and look at what the big bulb is doing on the side of his house. You'll find your pattern. I believe in yoooou!
When you enter the pathway you'll begin the Ascension level. Further along you'll find an abandoned house where Sense of Adventure onced lives. Next to his house is a dried up plant. Water the plant with your now melted ice and you'll unlock another memory.
Door Knocking Achievements Cerebrum City and Freedom Isles
Your journey takes you to four areas where you can knock on doors namely outer Cerebrum, Cerebrum City, Freedom Isles and Clockwork Town. I made a separate section for Clockwork Town as I ran out of character space in the guide!
Soon after encountering the Nightmare that steals your scrapbook it's up to you to chase him down through Outer Cerebrum which then leads you into the city. Below are mini screenshots of each location followed by a short description.
- Directly after the bridge when you kill the second Nightmare.
- Next to the first house - it's empty.
Once you enter Cerebrum City there are several houses on the hill all bunched up together. Take time to knock on each door and listen to the great dialogue.
- House of Reason
- House of Nerves
- House of Party
- House of Optomism
- House of Anger
- House of Compassion
- House of Pride
- House of Nostalgia
- House of Distruction
- House of Apathy
- House of Stress
- House of Order
The Mayors house in Cerebrum City does not count towards this achievement.
Below are mini screenshots of each location followed by a short description.
- As you enter the Freedom Isles there is a house to the left of you - it's empty.
- Continue up until you have your first mini cutscene with the new nightmare you need to destroy. There is a house just behind him.
- Next to the red battery
- After crossing the big centipede bridge you'll come to the Tower house. Knock on the front door
- And the back door!
- When you enter Bright Planes after riding the apple hot air balloon you'll find a house across the bridge from the tune trees.
- Also at the tune trees is a long white bridge you can walk up. At the top are two houses shaped like a kettle
- And the other is shaped like an apple!
- Next to the apple house is a bridge, just the flute to cross the bridge and you'll find a big orange shell house.
- Next to the orange battery after catapulting across to the right
- After entering the Symphonic Lobe run past Piper 'theiving cousin' and you'll find an apple house on the hill
- As you enter the Gardens of Creativity there is an apple house to your left. (missing screen shot sorry!)
- Follow the grass path from the giant tenticle weed and you'll find a blue kettle house.
- After planting two seedlings you'll get to a house surrounded by pots.
- As you finally cross the trumpet bridge in the Overpass of Originality, there is a house on the other side.
There are several houses that look like smaller snail shells - when you go up to them you won't have the option to knock. At the moment I can't get this achievement to pop so I'm wondering if these shell houses are part of it? I counted that I knocked on 15 doors so maybe something is just a little off for now. Should be patched soon. You'll also find that the house that has the water pump attached to it in Gardens of Creativity does also not have a knock function. Below is an example of the snail shell houses that don't have the knock function.
Door Knocking Achievements Clockwork Town
Below are mini screenshots of each location followed by a short description.
- As you enter Clockwork Junction, head to the left and you'll yellow golden house that looks like a pipe sticking out of the ground.
- To the left of the heavy pendulums it a small house - it's empty.
- To the right of the heavy pendulums is a larger house with a water mill attached. It's directly behind the train of thought.
- Once the train of thought has cleared the spider webs at the bottom, move past them and you'll find a small house.
- In Enigma Hill after solving the second block weight puzzle you'll be able to walk across to a new set of tracks. A small house is there. This guy had a math joke that literally made me laugh out loud XD
- In the Planning Plateau after giving the Train of Thought his first kick - you'll meet up with him again on the other side of some clocks. A small house awaits your knock.
- Soon after you'll have a conversation with a heavy thought. Make your way to the top level and you'll find a crane house.
- In Composition Row after crossing the first set of super fast pendulums you'll find a tall thin house - it's empty.
- Pass another set up pendulums and you'll find the steam house at the top.
- Head back to the centre of Composition Row. Cross the pipe bridge and you'll find the organ house - you can't miss it!
- Complete the block puzzle and you'll find a small house next to the bottle open you need to collect.
- In Geometry Square you'll find a small house to your left as you enter
- If you instead take the path that's on the upper left you'll find not one...
- but two houses!
- Once at the Geometry Square elevator you'll find a house to your right take it and when you reach the top of the clock tower, as you exit you'll final house will be there waiting for a knock! I quite stupidly didn't take a screenshot of the last house but I did take a screen shot of the lift you need to ride in order to get to it. The house is literally just as you exit the lift.
This is as easy as it sounds. Simply return to those areas once you have defeated the Nightmare for each area. You don't have to travel all the way to the end of each zone - just popping in will do the trick.