Before you play the Team Fortress 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t snipe a heavy till you’ve sniped his medic, otherwise it could take 2-4 shots.
- By right clicking, you can spin sentries/teleporter exits before building them.
- Jump, then crouch when rocket/bomb jumping. You’ll take half the damage and go farther.
- Research stab/sap macros, so you can stab an engie and sap his stuff, instead of the other way around, which usually gets you killed.
- If you’re not building a sentry, building an ubercharge, or placing stickybombs, you’re wasting setup.
- If you’re pushing the cart, hold mouse1. you automatically replenish health/ammo for being next to it so you might as well spin and fire to catch spies.
- If you’re playing as a heavy and need to get some where quick, move towards your destination and as soon as you’re relatively close jump and start spinning your gun whilst airborne without a movement penalty. especially useful for surprising enemies gathered on a staircase.
- On offense, you’re going to need to break turrets. Demo men, soldiers, spies, and a heavy/medic combo are all very valuable for this.
- Soldiers are probably the most well-rounded class. Use them if you’re not sure what to use.
- Demomen are ok for laying traps, but learning how to set a sticky where the enemy is going to be and then blowing it can make you the deadliest enemy out there.
- If you’re planning on planting a sapper as a spy, let your teammates know. The few seconds when the turret is not firing is great time for your heavy to focusfire on it.
- Communicate! The team does not need a 4th sniper, and try to time going on the offense with your allies. Focus on having a well-rounded team.
- Demomen: If someone’s chasing you, run backwards, shoot a sticky at the floor, and set it off at their feet. Simple, but most people get too caught up in going for the kill to notice.
- Spies: You can disguise as your own team. Change to a different class before running out of the spawn, so when the other team sees you, they’ll think you’re just a medic/scout/whatever, before you even get to their territory. Mind games, baby.
- Engineers: Hit everything with your wrench. Don’t trust other people trying to touch your stuff, they’re probably spies anyway.
- Being next to a dispenser/pushing the cart gives you unlimited ammo. A heavy and a pyro pushing a cart in tandem using the cart to protect themselves from snipers and constantly firing is very hard to stop.
- If you switch weapons on the load-out screen you need to go to the medicine cabinet in spawn to switch to your new weapon without respawning.
- Right-click turns buildings for engineers while you’re choosing where to build them.
- Increase the FOV to make it easier to see what’s going on around you.
- Use redisguise to change weapons while disguised, use the minus key on the disguise screen to select your own team to disguise as.
- Turn weapon quickswitch on to select between weapons quicker.
- There’s an option that allows you to change the medic controls so clicking once on a player will continue to heal him until he moves out of range or you click someone else.
Be the first to comment