Before you play the This War Of Mine game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t build Lockpicks unless you absolutely need the stealth (and even then you should find enough to cover yourself). Crowbars do the exact same thing and are reuseable.
- People spend two days Hungry and two days Very Hungry. If you feed them on the second Very Hungry day you’ll bump then back to the first Hungry day.
- Two Rattraps and an upgraded Garden should give you enough food to keep three or four people adequately fed.
- Don’t fight people with guns head-on, even if you have your own gun. You’re almost always better off sneaking up behind them with a knife. Actually, try to avoid fighting people at all unless necessary as your guys will get bummed if they have to kill.
- Priorities early on furniture-wise are a workshop, two beds, a stove and at least one water collector. A Radio is nice to notify you of upcoming weather and what is valuable to trade.
- Repairing your home is more than aesthetic, it also reduces the severity of night-raids.
- Be wary of cold weather. If it starts snowing you will need a heater or two.
- Scavenge points disappear permanently once emptied. Consider keeping the first point in each area around so you can stock everything you can’t carry from a zone there for easy access in later visits.