In this guide I describe to you how to obtain the achievement “An Early Reich”: Form Germany.
How to Obtain An Early Reich Achievement
Choosing a nation
To form the empire of Germany, you need a country of german culture group, so you have the following countries to choose from:
1444 (I request taking that starting date because you won’t have that much time pressure):
- The Palatinate
- Three Leagues
But you should definitely play Brandenburg, as their National Ideas are awesome for the lot of conquering you have to do. If you consider that too easy, take Brunswick or something like that. But in this guide, I’ll especially refer to Brandenburg(!).
Load up the game as I said, and begin preparations:
Try to ally a strong, non-german nation, like France, Austria, Denmark or (not that likely, but you can try) Poland. As second ally you should take a HRE-elector (e.g. Saxony) to support your claim to the throne of the HRE. Let the game run for a month and also royal-marry them.
In the first year of the game, an event should pop: The Teutonic Order will offer you to buy Neumark for 150 or so ducats. TAKE IT, it will help you a lot and weakens the Teutonic Order at the same time.
General problem: Aggressive Expansion. You’ll have to wait from five to ten years between your wars if you don’t want a coalition. Coalition wars suck in Germany, because every little state has a fortress or at least a Level 1 Capital-Fortress and Austria will probably join too. But not for the first two wars, they are needed to be done quick, or you’ll miss Königsberg.
- Justify on Wolgast. Then declare war and take just Stolp and Kolberg from them.
- Justify on Teutonic Order. Then declare war and take their coastal provinces (you definitely need to hurry to get Königsberg, as it is needed for forming Germany).
- Wolgast again
- Lübeck (it’s needed to form Germany, if you can’t take it, take Hamburg instead, but Lübeck is way more useful, as you’ll get more influence in the Lübeck trade node)
- Brunswick (you’ll need Brunswick to form Germany)
by now you should be able to form Prussia, you just need Admin-Tech 10 and protestant faith, which should spawn in your lands anyway. To form Prussia is good because of it’s National Ideas, which contain -10% Aggressive Expansion –
- Try to kill you a way to the south, you’ll get Niederhessen, Erfurt (Attention: it’s a Thuringian province, who are PUed with Saxony, so you’ll have to break their alliance with them), Nürnberg, Augsburg und Munich in an almost straight line.
- After you have all of these provinces, you’ll need to wait some time for Admin-Tech 20. In this time, conquer some northgerman provinces and build up your dominance in the Lübeck trade node. Important: Core all of your provinces directly, as the Emperor will demand them back and you need 50 core provinces in the german realm to form Germany too. Which provinces to conquer doesn’t matter, take the ones you like the most.
After you have researched Admin-Tech 20, you should be able to take the decision “Form Germany”. Important: You’ll be kicked from the HRE instantly and if you want to restore Germany in all of it’s power and territory, you should do it before actually forming it.
Recommended for You
- None Found