This is a simple guide that i made to help everyone that want enjoy this game and get best results.
How to Play
Once you start a new game, you have a choice of six partners. Choose the one you want and confirm. You will then be asked to choose difficulty level (initially only Easy and Medium are available) and a team name (you can change Team name if you want). If you have acquired any items you will then be asked if you want to use (you gain item by finishing each girl route in each different difficulty and them use in NG+). After the intro cutscene with your chosen partner you will then be asked if you want to view the tutorial. Finally you will be taken to the main map screen where you will be able to choose your first target for invasion. In Easy mode the starting ward is limited to Arakawa ward, Bunkyou ward, Chuo ward, Meguro ward and Nakano ward. Click in settings if you need access Tutorial again. I recommend start with Choufu (playing in Normal/Hard/Extreme) to enable special commands.
The objetive of the game is to take over all 23 wards of Tokyo. This is achieved by invading other wards and recruiting the punks and enemy gang members (clanswoman) until they reach zero. When the number of enemies in a ward reaches zero, you will meet ward's Boss and will duel. Before duel, will have a dialogue with options that you need to choose, after that, based in your answer, you will receive a Okay/Good/Super that will affect battle afterwards (like bonuses), and they (bonuses) will change according to the difficulty chosen. Look each girl for the best dialogue option. After you take ALL wards, will complete the game and will receive a Rank (e.g. rank S, rank A); i´m not pretty sure, but i believe they´re based in dialogue option, get more Super will get S, good/okay will get A.
After choosing your starting ward, you will automatically invade neighbouring wards (some partners also have Commands that let you choose a ward to invade).
Protection Money (PM)
Protection Money (PM) is the currency of the game. You automatically earn PM by controlling wards, so the more wards you control the more PM you earn. You can also randomly find suitcases of PM on the map, when they appear, just move the cursor and press the suitcases. You can win PM by visiting the Gambling Dens that appear randomly (you can also use Commands to make the Gambling Den appear by buying cheating dice). PM is used for everything, like Command, inking and upgrading your partner's tattoos, so use wisely.
You can access the tattoo screen in HQ. Each partner has 10 tattoos that can be purchased using PM. Each tattoo has three levels to upgrade. There are two main types of tattoos: Charisma tattoos make it easier to recruit Punks and Threat tattoos make it easier to recruit Clanswoman. There are a few other tattoos with unique effects depending on your partner. After inking 10 tattoos, you will unlock an extra Command for your partner. After inking all tattoos plus upgrades you will unlock the second extra Command for your partner.
As you recruit enemies that ward's Vigilance increases, until eventually it will turn red. If you don't take action to reduce the Vigilance by using Commands, eventually you will lose honor. This is displayed in the green bar at the top of the screen. If your honor reaches zero it's Game Over (you can also use commands to recover honor; best dialogue option will recover a small percent of honor). Sometimes Turf War can occurs, and you'll get a little animation of two gangs fighting. If you win this you won't lose any honor, and you will get a small amount of PM. Sometimes you will note a siren in red wards, if you press the siren, will lost small honor and the ward will leave alert state, however if you just leave it, will loss a large amount of honor and the ward will leave alert state, but dont press ANY siren for one playthrough to unlock achievement.
How to Control
- L/R stick: move screen and move between wards
- Dpad: move between wards, move in menus
- Back: access ward info
- Start: access settings
- LB/RB: selection between play/pause/fast
- LT/RT: without function
- Y: enable/disable highlight to check info about punks/clanswomen
- B: cancel
- A: confirm
- X: access HQ, press again to access tattoo
- Mouse: confirm
- 1 and 2: selection between play/pause/fast
- 3: access HQ, press again to access tattoo
- 4: enable/disable highlight to check info about punks/clanswomen
- 5: access settings
- 6: access ward info
- Enter: confirm
- Esc/Shift/Backspace/Alt/Ctrl: without function
This game contain 4 difficulty modes in each route: Easy, Normal, Hard, Extreme. You can start with easy or normal, once finishing normal will unlock Hard, and hard unlock Extreme. Each time you clear a mode, will get items to use in your next game. Game mode also will affect how you will start (e.g. easy will start with more PM, hard with 0 PM), dialogue option bonuses also are affected (easy with more bonuses and hard with less bonuses)
Once you finish a route, you will gain an item based game difficulty. This item can be used in your NG+ to help your new journey. Be aware that once you clear the game, your save game will be deleted (keeping items to use in NG+ and gallery CG+)
Once you finish a route (in any difficulty), you will gain a item, that you´ll choose if you want use in your NG+ or not. So in total exist 24 items to collect (4 item per partner), that will be listed below (placed in the form shown in the game). You also will find in which partner/difficulty can find those items.
- Mini TV and Radio: Belongs to Mai (Easy). Increase charisma in poor wards
- Bike Racing Poster: Belongs to Mai (Hard). Gain 1 of each cheating dice
- Squirrel charm: Belongs to Akika (Machida, Easy). Increase in charisma in cultural wards
- Big Tamanyan: Belongs to Karin (Tama, Normal)). Increase threat
- Stuffed Tamanyan: Belongs to Karin (Easy). Increase in charisma in commercial wards
- Short Sword: Belongs to Karin (Extreme). Huge increase in honor; decrease in charisma
- Happi Coat: Belongs to Chizuru (Extreme). Huge increase in charisma in cultural wards
- Bow: Belongs to Kayako (Musashino, Extreme)). Huge increase in force. Decrease in honor
- Daffodil Vase: Belongs to Kayako (Hard). Increase in charisma in commercial and residential wards
- Lucky Amitabha: Belongs to Mai (Normal). Increase in Racketeers
- List of Rules: Belongs to Kayako (Normal). Increase in honor
- Shiny Sword: Belongs to Chocho (Choufu, Easy)). Increase in force
- Custom Selfie Stick: Belongs to Chocho (Extreme). Enables a special command
- Digital Photo Frame: Belongs to Chocho (Normal). Enables a special command
- Prayer Card: Belongs to Chizuru (Hard). Increase in racketeers and strategists
- Bangasa: Belongs to Akika (Extreme). Huge increase in strategists, decrease in honor
- Limited Edition Poster: Belongs to Chocho (Hard). Enables a special command
- Maneki-neko with Rake: Belongs to Chizuru (Normal). Small increase in initial PM. Decrease in force
- Persian Rug: Belongs to Kayako (Easy). Increase in charisma in wealthy wards
- Rope and Bells: Belongs to Chizuru (Easy). Increase in charisma in residential wards
- Tama map: Belongs to Karin (Hard). Increase in threat and charisma in cultural wards
- Sketching Set: Belongs to Akika (Normal). Increase in strategists
- Machida Painting: Belongs to Akika (Hard). Decrease in invasion speed in neighboring’s wards
- Racing Newspapers: Belongs to Mai (Extreme). Huge increase in initial PM. Huge decrease in honor
Commands as the name suggest, is a action that you can use in invaded ward.
First page: contain specific command available to each girl and some commands (Ceasefire agreement, Recruit Punks in a ward, Recruit Clanswomen in a ward, Recover Honor and Decrease alert state) that will appear to every girl, but may change PM needed and cooldown.
Second page: contain commands available in every route. 123 Dice (see details in gambling dem), 456 Dice (see details in gambling dem), Snake Eye Dice (see details in gambling dem), Completely recover Honor (will unlock once you clear Choufu Hard mode), Increase PM suitcases appearing (will unlock once you clear Choufu Extreme mode), Recruit ALL punks and clanswomen in a ward (useful in large wards like Setagaya, will unlock once you clear Choufu Normal mode), Gain information about ward clan´s boss and Gain information about your partner.
In commands menu second page, you can buy 3 types of cheating dice: 123 Dice, 456 Dice and Snake Eye Dice. Once you buy a cheat, will appear Gambling Den. As the name say, 123 Dice contain only 1, 2 or 3; 456 Dice contain only 4, 5 or 6; and with Snake Eye Dice contain only 1 (you will get 3 dice with 1, mean you win the bet).
- Bet: Your bet is 5% of your current PM. Whether you win or lose, you can only pay 3 games each time.
- Game start: The dealer throws first. 3 dice are thrown, if 2 faces match, the third is the score. Ex.: 344 is rolled, score is 3; and any if you score 4 or higher, you wins (e.g. 455, 566, 611). If you score 3 or less, be scoreless after 3 rolls, you´ll lose. Finally, if the dealer score 6, you will only win if score 111 (Snake Eye Dice), 456 or 3 of a kind (e.g. 222, 333, 444, 555, 666)
- Your turn: By looking at the dice, decide whether to bet or pass. You can also use your own cheating dice, if you have bought one from the command menu. The cheating dice is one use only, after used, need wait the cooldown and buy again.
- Double Up: After you win, you can choose to Double Up. Whoever throws the highest total on one dice wins.
- Finish: After each game you can continue or quit. After playing three games you will automatically leave.
For the best dialogue option, please look the section below. Choose the best dialogue for better bonus and also unlock gallery CG, also will unlock achievements. In this guide, you will find the best dialogue for each girl in their respective section.
In each girl dialogue option, the wards was sorted alphabetically for easy visualization, but you can choose any ward to invade as your start point and the game will automatically invade neighborhood wards
Why a.k.a in character name? Once you finish the game, will note that in game your partner use her name and in achievements (also for NG+ item room) use her surname.
Tama (a.k.a Karin)
- Adachi: Clan bosses, partnership...
- Arakawa: collect cute things
- Bunkyou: I´m here to make friends
- Chiyoda: I´m looking for my dad
- Chuo: I´m going to visit my family
- Edogawa: I came to make friends
- Itabashi: We can get our old lives back
- Katsushika: Lend me your strength, nya!
- Kita: I want to live in Peace...
- Koto: I´m here to make friends, nya
- Meguro: To protect Meguro ward
- Minato: I just want to live in peace
- Nakano: I´m a friend, i´m not scary
- Nerima: Everyone should get along
- Ota: Let´s defeat the Syndicate
- Setagaya: I want to be friends, nya
- Shibuya: I want to be friends with you
- Shinagawa: I want us to get along
- Shinjuku: I want all the cute things
- Suginami: I wanted to talk to you again
- Sumida: Everyone should be happy
- Taito: I wanna be your friend
- Toshima: I want to be with my family
Tachikawa (a.k.a Mai)
- Adachi: I can protect you!
- Arakawa: My girlfriends love trains!
- Bunkyou: It´s time to take a chance
- Chiyoda: Anything to help my family!
- Chuo: Honestly, can you just help me?
- Edogawa: This Ward needs my help.
- Itabashi: Work with me to help Japan
- Katsushika: I need your Ward´s help!
- Kita: Good luck! Stay safe!
- Koto: Come on, take a chance!
- Meguro: I want to protect Meguro ward!
- Minato: Let´s fight for our sisters!
- Nakano: I need your spirit!
- Nerima: Help me get rich quick!
- Ota: I´m a good fundraiser…
- Setagaya: I want you to work with me
- Shibuya: Let´s join forces!
- Shinagawa: For money and freedom!
- Shinjuku: I want you to be mine!
- Suginami: Let´s take on the Syndicate.
- Sumida: We can all be happy!
- Taito: Work with me here!
- Toshima: For my sisters outside Tokyo!
Machida (a.k.a Akika)
- Adachi: I want to protect the city
- Arakawa: We can have a festival here!
- Bunkyou: Machida City can be peaceful
- Chiyoda: Let´s go to the Festival
- Chuo: Everything for peace!
- Edogawa: We can restore power~!
- Itabashi: To bring life back to normal.
- Katsushika: Because i love my home...
- Kita: I want to restore nature~.
- Koto: Return nature to Tokyo~…
- Meguro: This Ward has a lot of nature
- Minato: I wanted to talk to you two!
- Nakano: It´s sad, but it has to happen.
- Nerima: Help me with an art festival!
- Ota: Outsiders can live here too~
- Setagaya: I came for black tea!
- Shibuya: I think we can be friends.
- Shinagawa: I think we should have a talk
- Shinjuku: Kabukicho is getting popular
- Suginami: I want to have an art festival!
- Sumida: We can be happy again~.
- Taito: Give me your strength!
- Toshima: Let´s learn from each other.
Musashino (a.k.a Kayako)
- Adachi: Such a sad person
- Arakawa: I wish to lead a pure life
- Bunkyou: I require your knowledge.
- Chiyoda: To lead a pure and proper life
- Chuo: Would you conquer with me?
- Edogawa: I will protect…the fishies
- Itabashi: Do you not care about Tokyo?
- Katsushika: The people need autonomy.
- Kita: Tokyo will be pure again
- Koto: I need your contacts
- Meguro: Become my ally
- Minato: Please, lend me your strengh
- Nakano: You have already lost
- Nerima: Become my protégé.
- Ota: Would you like to travel?
- Setagaya: I require your assistance
- Shibuya: I have come to protect you
- Shinagawa: I will help you, my sister
- Shinjuku: Return Tokyo to beauty
- Suginami: Lead a life of discipline!
- Sumida: Together, we can be happy
- Taito: I will take the top!
- Toshima: I require information
Hachioji (a.k.a Chizuru)
- Adachi: I do it for my family!
- Arakawa: I want to find my family
- Bunkyou: My family got split up…
- Chiyoda: I´m looking for my family
- Chuo: If I dont, who will?
- Edogawa: Boss to Boss, let´s team up.
- Itabashi: We can change Tokyo!
- Katsushika: I want to see my family…
- Kita: Just following my heart!
- Koto: I don’t like the Syndicate
- Meguro: I need to get out of Tokyo!
- Minato: Help me look for my family!
- Nakano: Because that´s what I chose
- Nerima: I want to find my family
- Ota: To get through the barricade!
- Setagaya: I want to escape the Syndicate!
- Shibuya: I want to find my family
- Shinagawa: For me!
- Shinjuku: Let´s break the barricade!
- Suginami: To look for my family
- Sumida: The people should be happy!
- Taito: Let´s join forces!
- Toshima: To look for my family
Choufu (a.k.a Chocho)
- Adachi: We can learn from each other!
- Arakawa: To search for my grandma!
- Bunkyou: I´m searching for someone
- Chiyoda: I want a good romance film
- Chuo: Tokyo would be a good set…
- Edogawa: But i´m your friend!
- Itabashi: We can get Tokyo back
- Katsushika: I´m looking for grandma!
- Kita: To get famous of course!
- Koto: I have to become a superstar!
- Meguro: Post this on social media!
- Minato: Oh, we should be girlfriends!
- Nakano: Only you can make your fate!
- Nerima: I need a good stage!
- Ota: I could use some info!
- Setagaya: I want you to help me!
- Shibuya: I´m looking for my grandma!
- Shinagawa: I could use an agent…
- Shinjuku: To make my name famous!
- Suginami: This is for my reel!
- Sumida: The film industry needs me
- Taito: We should do a film festival
- Toshima: You want my autograph?