Learn how to use all of the Ultimate Chicken Horse items by reading this guide!
Platforms and Honey
Alright, we all have to start somewhere, right? Of course! So lets start basic, and talk about platforms. Platforms are static objects that have the sole purpose of keeping your feet touching the ground.
Platforms come in a variety of sizes and shapes, these include:
- Wooden platforms (1x1 to 1x6)
- Metal barrel (2x2)
- Iron truss (L shape)
- Wooden stairs (4x4)
- Stone blocks (Crumble on contact if touched 3 times)
- Haybale (3x3)
- Iron truss 2 (two 1x1s seperated 3 blocks apart)
Honey is basically the binding block which used to attach parts together. You can get two achievemets for attaching enough blocks together, which are Craftsperson and Engineer.
Hazards and Traps
Is there somebody in your life you just despise? Does that person play Ultimate Chicken Horse? Well, traps are for you. These parts are meant to cause harm to other players.
Watch out though! One hit from any trap, and your D-E-A-D (DEAD)!
Some traps shoot projectiles that kill players on contact, including:
- Puck Shooter (Shoots fast moving pucks about every 3 seconds)
- Crossbow (Shoots arrows every second at average speed)
- Flaming Tennisball Launcher (Shoots flaming tennisballs at an arch)
Other traps like to kill players up close, like:
- Wrecking Ball (Swings at an arch, killing on contact)
- Trigger Spikes (Reveals spikes behind a blindfold, and jabs players in a 1x3 area above)
- Boxing Glove (A glove that can be triggered on 3 sides, and thrusts out to kill players in front of it)
- Spikes (Kills on contact, Duh!)
- Rotating Blade (Rotates on an axis, and kills players on contact)
- Line Blade (A rotating blade that runs in a straight line across the trap)
These traps have other devious ways of killing players:
- Punching Flower (Punches players near him/her)
- Black hole (Sucks items into it, and slighly diverts Reflection Gel projectiles and players)
- Teleporter (Teleports players to two linked portals, and can be used to help or hinder your success)
- Ice Patch (Causes the surface placed on to become slippery, and can cause players to slip and fall if not careful)
Newton's First Law states that an object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force. Not in the case of Ultimate Chicken Horse! Parts in this game move on their own, and can be used in partnership with glue (As mentioned in Section 2) to make awesome contraptions.
As mentioned before (Again, in section 2), Platforms come in many sizes and shapes, and in this case, can move. These include:
- Pinwheel (Four 1x2 platforms cycling around one another)
- Moving 1x2 (Has a longer track than the 1x3
- Moving 1x3 (Has a shorter track than the 1x2, but can hold more objects with glue.)
- Rotating Tire (Is bigger than the Rotating Gear, but takes a break every time is turns 90 degrees)
- Rotating Gear (Is smaller than the Rotating Tire, holds less, but doesn't take any breaks)
- Convoyer Belt (A 1x3 which rotates around, and moves players and glued objects in the given direction)
- Rotor Platform (A platform which floats up and down, and can kill players if the rotor is touched)
Stationary Moving Platforms
As the name of this section suggests, some platforms are stationary, but still have moving parts, including:
- Plane Maker (Makes a paper airplane, which is damaged if touched from behind, infront, or underneath, but can be ridden on top)
- Spring (Can be bounced atop)
- Fire Hydrent (Creates a blast of water on top, which moves players 4 to 5 blocks up)
- Fan (Blows players infront of it nearly 6 blocks away)
- Motorized Door (Opens and closes every 2 or so seconds)
Bonus Items and Bombs
How can we forget these guys? These items are helpful items which could help you design levels, and beat matches.
So, what do these pickups do? They:
- Coin (Gives a coin point if a level is beaten with a coin on Party or Creative
- Slowwatch (Slows down time to half for between 5 to 7 seconds)
Some people who play this game are noobs, and don't know what level design is, and like in Super Mario Maker, will just spam blocks everywhere. Just use bombs and BOOM! i all your troubles are gone! They come in three sizes, which are:
- Dynamite (Blows up a 1x1 area)
- Bomb (Blows up a 3x3 area)
- Nuke (Blows up a 5x5 area)
Tips and Tricks
Some people are probably asking, where are the Tips? Well, here you go:
- Never use too many coins! It could allow others to win. Instead, hide the coins somewhere, like in tall grass, or behind the Foreground Layer.
- Black holes and fans can change the direction of arrows and tennisballs, though, this doesn't apply to hockey pucks...
- On the subject of projectiles, teleporters can teleport projectiles, and can be used to trick players.
- Boxing gloves can be used to trigger other boxing gloves.