This guide will list all 25 Soul Harvester locations that you need to destroy to obtain “No Mercy” achievement and 4 Yan Ying locations for Ji max health boost.
Soul Harvester is spirit controlled by Tian Clan. Each Soul Harvester will grant you 300 souls for upgrade after you destroy it. There are total 25 of them in Chapter 2-5 and you have to destroy all of them in single playthrough. Some are hard to reach without double dodge ability, but you can destroy with Crimson Mass from distance.
Yan Ying is one of Ji’s honest allies. You will meet him one time for each chapter (2-5), he will grant you maximum health boost which becomes useful for later fights.
Chapter #2 – Total 6 Soul Harvesters
1) At the end of tents area.
2) After you hit a switch to activate platform and cross another side. Hard to miss.
3) On the way to second Soul Lamp. On the left side of area, above dead tree.
4) At the very end of left area after third Soul Lamp.
5) On the way to Mountain of Dead. Soul Harvester hides behind wooden wall.
6) In the area with two moveable lifts. Soul Harvester is located on the top left. Stand on second platform, double jump and dash to left. Hit Soul Harvester with Crimson Mass.
Yan Ying #1
He is located above 5th Soul Harvester spot. It’s hard to miss.
1) When you enter the area, there is hidden room on right side.
2) After you got second yellow tablet, place tablets like following image. Drop down to bottom of area and get inside left room.
3) Place tablets to unlock top-right barrier. As you go up to the top, there is one platform with green lantern, enter and you will find Soul Harvester inside.
4) After obtain second green tablet, place tablets like following image. Soul Harvester locates at the bottom of area.
5) In the area before last green tablet room, climb up to the top. There is Soul Harvester in hidden left room.
6) When you enter the area, jump on moving platform on top-right side which led you to Soul Harvester at the top.
7) Located on the top on next area.
Yan Ying #2
He is located at same area of 6th Soul Harvester. You need to solve puzzle by hitting third switch and first switch in sequence to unlock underground gate.
1) In the area with swinging platform, Soul Harvester is located on top-right side.
2) In the same area of first save point, jump on switch platform to activate above platform where the Soul Harvester is located.
3) After you destroy second Life Gate, get inside to hidden area from top-left platform. Kill wave of enemies then Soul Harvester will appear.
4) On the platform on top of area, you need to double jump and double dodge from stair. Otherwise, you might need to hit with Crimson Mass from distance.
5) In the area where you fight waves of soldiers. Soul Harvester is located at top-right platform.
6) After elevator reach to the top, go to left side. Soul Harvester is hidden behind wooden fences.
Yan Ying #3
On the way that you have to get to other side of third life gate. Drop down from flipping platform and mid-air dodge to reach another side.
Chapter #5 – Total 6 Soul Harvesters
This chapter consists of two main maps.
1) After you light all four braziers and encounter first two spear traps. Soul Harvester is on top-left side above the traps.
2) In the next area after the first saves point. Use Crimson Mass jump attack.
3) In the area where you have to activate 3 switch. There is a moving lift above second switch which lead you to Soul Harvester.
After you defeat Emperor of Zhou.
1) When you enter the first area with wooden bridge, jump on wooden roof above the entrance. Soul Harvester is above the house.
2) Drop down to the bottom of cave, defeat mini bosses in the left area. Soul Harvester will appear at left side.
3) In the cave area, you need to jump on second floating rock. When it reaches to the top, double jump and dash to the left. Hit last Soul Harvester with your Crimson Mass.
Yan Ying #4
Under the bridge where you fight first mini-boss demon. Easy to spot