A guide to the basics of Endzone - A World Apart.
In the beginning build up to ten houses! You don't have to house all you settlers, if you house everyone your population will get out of control. Settlers will only raise children when they live in a house, they do not raise children in the shelter, build houses slowly after the first ten.
Building radiation suits in the beginning, this is a waste of resources concentrate on making Activated Carbon Masks after season 20. (Limit to neck scarfs using the "limitation of protective clothing" option at the bus wreck and save the activated carbon masks for later.) Use the radiation overlay to keep informed of radiation levels.
Warning! Do not store protective clothing at warehouses, their seems to be a bug where settlers will not collect them, restrict them from being stored at warehouses. Using the market later on may get around this issue.
Season 100 I've only needed to make a few Radiation Suits for expeditions.
Make sure to have a good supply of herbs, this will keep your settlers healthy.
Don't spend all your time trying to clear radiation from your settlement, worry about farms and move hunter work areas to less radiated places. The first level of protective clothing is enough for your settlers in the beginning.
Be aware of building fishing hut's and Wells to close together this will reduce their efficiency.
Place your Jetty and cistern like this for optimal water collection. Cistern entrance facing the jetty, well entrance facing the cistern.
Don't forget to use the gather wood, scrap etc tasks in the beginning.
- Two 8x16 or 10x10 farms (assign 1 setter to each farmer).
- Cistern (2 water carriers). Keep an eye on your water reserves, assign more carriers as needed.
- Well (1 well keeper).
- Fishing Hut (2 fisherman).
- Forester's Lodge (1 Forester, cut only).
- Scrapyard (1 Scrap Collector).
Upgrade to Mounted Bus for extra storage and a confidence bonus.
- Gather's Cabin (1 Gatherer).
- Hunting Lodge (1 Hunter).
- 2xRecycler (2 refiners). Cloth to begin with.
- Taylor's Shop ( 2 Tailors).
- Herbal Hut (1 Healer).
- Workshop (1 Technician).
Assign one of your previously built recyclers to metal for building materials. Then assign it back to cloth once the Workshop is built.
Assign another settler as a water carrier and one more gatherer.
- Charcoal Burner (1 Charcoal Burner) use for Activated Carbon Masks and water filtration.
- Graveyard (1 Mortician).
- Recycler (plastic) assign 1 refiner.
- Recycler (Electronic) assign 1 refiner.
- Hospital (1 Medic).
- School (assign 1 teacher)
Upgrade cistern to Water Tower. You could choose to build a second cistern instead of a water tower but the water tower allows you to filter contamination.
- Refinery (switch 2 recyclers from producing cloth electronics to metal for building the refinery)
- Demolish the 4 recyclers once the refinery is built.
Switch to producing Metal tools when the refinery is built and you have a surplus of scrap tools.
Keep an eye on food, water and assign settlers where needed.