Guide to achievements for Against the Storm.
How to Obtain All Achievements
In-game achievements are called Deeds. Note that the scope of this guide only includes deeds that have a corresponding Steam achievement. Completing deeds will earn you benefits like meta experience or decorations for your settlement. You can also track your current progress by clicking the checkbox on the right hand side of the deed. The tracker will appear on the right hand side side of the screen when the game is paused.
This guide is roughly sorted by difficulty, starting with the easier achievements and working up to the more difficult ones. It is intended for people who know the game basics and have at least a few Citadel upgrades.
The Easy Ones
These are the achievements that are hard to miss and need minimal explanation- you will probably get them in your first game or two.
- Win a game with 0 villagers dying.
- Win a game after solving 5 Glade Events.
First Real Expedition
- Win a game in the biome: Royal Woodlands, and on the difficulty: Settler (or higher).
When choosing a hex to settle on in the world map, the name of the corresponding biome appears in the top left. Each area has traits that make them unique. This series of achievements is to win a game (on any difficulty) in each of the four following biomes:
The Scarlet Orchard
- Win a game on the biome: Scarlet Orchard
- Win a game on the biome: The Marshlands
- Win a game on the biome: Coral Forest
- Win a game on the biome: Cursed Royal Woodlands
There are special hexes on the world map called Modifiers with a wide variety of effects. This series of achievements is to win a settlement next to one of these hexes.
- Win a game near the modifier: Fertile Grounds
- Win a game near the modifier: Ruined Settlement
A once prosperous settlement, ravaged by the Blightstorm. A lot of ruined buildings can be found nearby.
Strategy: Would suggest completing this in the same run as the achievement Ruins (Win a game after taking care of 10 Ruins found in Glades).
- Win a game near the modifier: Barren Lands
The soil is too acidic. There is no fertile soil anywhere in this region.
- Win a game near the modifier: Levitating Monument
The power of a nearby monument makes everything feel lighter. You can move most buildings in your settlement.
- Win a game near the modifier: Royal Outpost
The proximity of a Royal Outpost makes it easier to communicate with the crown. The pool of order choices will increase by 1.
- Win a game near the modifier: Watchtower
The royal guard is watching over this region. Discovering glades doesn’t increase hostility.
- Win a game near the modifier: Bandit Camp
Traders are afraid, and will not visit this area. Neither trading nor trade routes are available.
- Win a game near the modifier: Ancient Battleground.
- Win a game near the modifier: Dangerous Lands.
Only Dangerous Glades can be found in this region
- Win a game near the modifier: Ruined Armory.
An old abandoned armory, left behind after the Great Civil War. No villagers will die when attacking a trader.
- Win a game near the modifier: Flooded Mines.
This region was heavily exploited by other viceroys. Hostility doesn’t grow with each passing year, but you’ll gain 2 more hostility points per villager.
Statue of the Forefathers
- Win a game near the modifier: Statue of the Forefathers.
A crumbling statue depicting an unknown species. You can choose from 1 fewer cornerstones.
Forsaken Gods Temple
- Win a game near the modifier: Forsaken Gods Temple.
The Forsaken Gods’ blessing can be ambigious. You are guaranteed to a lot more timed orders in you order picks.
- Win a game near the modifier: Sparkdew Crystals.
- Win a game near the modifier: Forbidden Lands.
Fishmen Ritual Site
- Win a game near the modifier: Fishmen Ritual Site.
A holy site for Fishmen. No envoy dates to pass through here. Orders are disabled.
Will also complete the achievement Defying the Crown (Win a game without completing any Orders.)
- Win a game near the modifier: Corrosive Torrent.
Monastery of the Holy Flame
- Win a game near the modifier: Monastery of the Holy Flame.
- Win a game near the modifier: Haunted Forest.
Sometimes, viceroys condemn their people to a terrible fate… Dangerous and Forbidden Glade warnings are disabled.
This series of achievements relate to fulfilling the needs of your settlers.
- Win a game with: 30 Humans, 15 x Human House, 1 x Temple
- Win a game with: 30 Beavers, 15 x Beaver House, 1 x Guild House
- Win a game with: 30 Lizards, 15 x Lizard House, 1 x Clan Hall
- Win a game with: 30 Harpies, 15 x Harpy House, 1 x Bath House
Feeding The People
- Ensure all villagers simultaneously have every need fulfilled from the category: Complex Food
- Ensure all villagers simultaneously have every need fulfilled from the category: Services
- Ensure all villagers simultaneously have every need fulfilled.
Winning on Specific Difficulties
- Win a game on the difficulty: Pioneer (or higher).
Into the Forest
- Win a game after discovering 2 Dangerous or Forbidden Glades in Year 1, on the difficulty: Pioneer (or higher).
A Real Challenge
- Win a game on the difficulty: Veteran (or higher).
- Win a game with: 1 x Small Farm, 1 x Brewery, 1 x Tavern, on the difficulty: Veteran (or higher).
- Win a game with: 1 x Mine, 1 x Smelter, 1 x Smithy, on the difficulty: Veteran (or higher).
Against All Odds
- Win a game on the difficulty: Viceroy (or higher).
- Win a game after completing 20 Trade Routes.
Requires unlocking “Obsidian Archive Level 7” (available at Level 7) in the Smoldering City to use trade routes. To start a trade route, create a few “Pack of Provisions” along with whatever resource you want to trade. These are always one-time trades.
Living Matter Farmer
- Win a game with 3 active Living Matter clones on the map.
Living Matter are glade events that look like little purple blobs. If left alone, they can reproduce themselves to be farmed for resources, but it will take several of your colonists to deal with.
Defying the Crown
- Win a game without completing any Orders.
Can be completed on Settler difficulty. There are essentially 3 ways to create enough reputation to win any given game.
- Complete Orders.
- Villager Resolve.
- Glade Events.
This achievement relies on using options 2 and 3 in whatever mix works for you.
Note there is also an achievement for the modifier Fishmen Ritual Site which does not allow orders that can be done at the same time.
- Win a game after solving 25 Glade Events.
Best completed on a lower difficulty for keeping Hostility under control.
Like a Machine
- Win a game after completing 3 Timed Orders.
Requires unlocking “Obsidian Archive Level 9” (available at Level 9) in the Smoldering City to make these order types available. When you receive a timed order, unassign any non-essential workers to complete your order. Don’t be afraid to build another temporary production building if you need to as those resources can always be refunded. Also be sure to “Complete” the order with in the time limit.
- Win a game after taking care of 10 Ruins found in Glades.
Best paired with the Lost Colonies achievement to make sure you have enough ruins to complete.
- Win a game after looting 20 Caches found in Glades.
Tracking this deed to ensure you have gotten to the correct number is advised.
- Win a game in 5 years or less.
Can be completed on Settler. I created a supply chain of Simple Tools and opened as many glades as possible for the events, always choosing the reputation reward.
Victory through Prosperity
- Earn 14 Reputation Points through Resolve in a single game.
Needs to be completed on Pioneer or higher difficulty.
Prestige levels add a different challenge for each level of difficulty. The description of each level can be found in this guide.
- Win a game on the difficulty: Prestige 10 (or higher).
The Queen’s Chosen
- Win a game on the difficulty: Prestige 20 (or higher).