My Xbox game pad settings for less “nervous” steering behaviour and more stability. Xbox One Controller for Windows, Assetto Corsa.
Open Controller Configuration Menu
- Start Assetto Corsa
- In the main menu click on “options” > “controls”
My Game Pad Settings
Category: Main Controls
- Speed Sensitivity: 20 %
- Steering Speed: 60 %
- Gamma: 2.5
- Filter: 0.9
- Deadzone: 0
Enter a file name and click on “save current”. The saved configuration will show up in the presets list.
Why I Use These Settings
Assetto Corsa’s standard game pad settings:
- Are very direct
- Even minimal steering input makes the car steer significantly
- High steering speed
These settings are ok…
- When driving with lower speeds
- For stopping the car from oversteering / preventing a spin
- Steering is very nervous, not smooth
- The car gets very instable fast
- When driving with higher speeds even a small steering input can lead to loosing control and spin
- Especially when you have to avoid another car (evasive swerve) at high speed loosing control over your own car is likely
My settings make the steering input more subdued, less direct, which makes the car’s behaviour less “nervous”. It is more stable. Especially at higher speeds and high speed corners / chicanes it makes a difference. In my case it led to less escalateing / yawing and less spins.
Downside: preventing an already oversteering car from spinning is hard. In this case settings with high steering speed can be an advantage.
Hey man I appreciate you trying to help I came looking for controller help but I tested your settings on my Xbox one for asseto corza the original game not commetizona or whatever sry for spelling lol and your settings are terrible for controller I don’t if you made a mistake and gave us the wrong settings or the opposite of what you described as stable your settings are unstable as it gets BUT I experimented at length trying to understand the game controller settings on multiple tracks and cars and these are the PERFECT settings I think I recommend you give it a try mate 😊
Speed sensitivity 100%
Steering speed 41%
Steering deadzone 0%
Steering filter 92%
Steering gamma 2.5
Mabe yours is different on windows but I doubt it cause speed sensitivity accualy means that the faster you go the less your able to turn thus making you more stable overall and should always be turned to 100% hope this helps you again thank for trying it’s the thought that counts 😉