Please note: all credit goes to Montolio!
I offer my humble 1K city for you to learn from.
Guide to 1k City
Hi, i see a quite a lot of question but little to no guids and answers, so i deside to post my 1k city for you all to hopefully learn something from it.
Disclamer: im not gonna describe picures, just becouse I want you to make it yourself.
- I had more houses, but with upgades i was able to shrink it down.
- Waste threatment goes directly to chem plant, i dont use reclamed water in farms, i use salt water processor.
Industrial Area (Smelters + Production)
I run simple building block desine:
Works like a charm.
- I build my smelters after i build factories, so there is mix of iron, coper and steel in one row.
- Both iron and coal are connected directly (i have separet coal min for chem. plant).
- Glass, furniture, concrete and additional steel.
Chem. Plant (+ Main Power Generator)
- Power cannot stop! Make sure your water-steam-power-water loop is outside of your fuel production, be aware to connect new things to it, always do the math!
- Its a spaghety monster, it was grown not desined.
- But there is a fuel extraction block (1-3), old diesel now paused, rubber and acid makers.
- I “focus” on that orange gas (fuel gas), because i can loop him around for gass boilers.
- Separate your oil and wood harbor, ship can get stuck unloading wood and you will run out of fuel!
New Farm (+ Salt Water Processor)
- 4 additional farms, im gonna needed to scienced the s**t out of it, or build more.
- Rain farm is connected only to production section, i could build a water gate, but i dont need to.
- If you build greenhouses, you will loose the natural rain on farms! be prepare with your water production.
- Salt water processor is a best power maker i found, you just take sea water and turn it in power and brine, witch you can use, or dump it back into the sea.
- One lone feritizl maker and i never run out of it.
Pollution in 30y
- So… things gonna go bad before it will get better.
- Industrial area have exhaust to water reclaimer buildin.
- City waste goes to chem. plant as water.
- Chem. plants have exhaust to steam reclaimer buildin (be aware this is a dead switch for this colony, if fuel stops, significant power generators will stop and everything will colapse)
- Chem. plant dont have waste water dump.
At last, core of your game in one pic:
- I dont need more then two reaserch centers, i found that if i have more, tech tree just fly around me and i will loose track.
- Ship, this game is build around it, use it and play with it, you dont need everything (watch for sailors needed), found 1or2 oil rigs and one sawmil.
- Use your market dock to survive fokups and problems, its a good deal most of the time, and there are more settlements out there.