Stage 30’s solution, with Microsoft Paint.
Stage 30 Solution
How can you think of the correct answer?
There are a few steps that you can easily get correct answer.
- Find the number of moves for each piece and determine the cycle to return to the initial board state.
- Record when the black piece occupies each square on the board.
- Decide how many turns it will take to reach the destination. The number of turns should be determined within the cycle.
- Find the reverse path from the destination to the starting point. It’s okay not to consider the black piece’s movement for now.
- Each time you move the cycle‘s length, check if there are any other paths and if they do not overlap with the black piece’s movement.
- Get as close to the starting point as possible, and when sufficiently close, verify the correct answer.
In step 1, the cycle is 4. So you can count your moves as 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, … (Except 1 knight, all black pieces have the cycle’s length 4).
In step 3, I determined the turn to 2.
I see! Depending on the stage, I can find multiple correct answers, which is a lot of fun!