This guide will show you two methods of installation for people who cannot get the 18+ DLC from the Steam store, but still really, really want it.
Guide to Enable R18+ Content
I didn’t even enjoy this game, but every week I get a new user begging me for help on my posts desperately trying to get to the 18+ DLC of this game. I feel so sad for you guys seeing your desperation, and hope to help you play this crummy game.
If, for whatever reason, the DLC is not available in the store for you then this guide is for you. In this guide I’ll show you how to install the DLC using win+R commands, or, give a short description of how to get a third party install to register with steam.
And if you’re not in a country where this kind of stuff is normally limited, but you still can’t find the DLC on the store, please go check your content settings and make sure all content types are visible)
I’d like to note that before starting any kind of attempt at modding, please make copies of the original version of your game, or have a fresh clean install located and ready to go in case of emergency. If anything goes wrong, I’d hate for you to lose the game you paid for.
I’d also like to say that I was able to install the DLC normally without using this, so I’m very sorry if it turns out these methods do not work for you. I’m trying to help to the best of my ability with all the things I’ve been taught to do, and I sincerely apologize if you waste your time because of this guide.
Lastly, if anyone would like to help out and translate my guide into a different language, it’s fully allowed and very appreciated!
Forewarning: For some users, installing this way will give you a message stating this content is not available in your country. However, I don’t think that happens in ALL prohibited places, so if you really want the DLC, still give this easy trick a shot.
To install using win+R command
- Install the vanilla version of the game.
- Go to your desktop and enter the command win+R (press the windows key and the R key at the same time)
- A small box with an entry field should pop up. Paste in: steam://install/2092050
After pressing confirm/ok/enter, wait a few minutes then boot up your Monster Girl game. Try completing any level and if your DLC worked, then you’ll be rewarded with a new scene after each level!
If it did not work, uninstall the copy with the unsuccessful attempt and get a fresh one from Steam before moving on to attempt the next method.
For Third Party Installation
Win+R command didn’t work? I’m sorry to hear it, but there’s a lot of options for you.
How to Get Your Outside-Sourced Install to Run as a Steam Game
- Open two windows of your file directory, and have one of them opened to your new install of the game. This is not required, but will make things easier.
- Find the location of your Steam games in your file directory, then find Monster girl specifically. (Usually ‘PC/program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/monster girl’ but not always since directories are customizable)
- Your third party install will most likely be zipped, so extract all into the location of the steam associated monster girl game. It will probably ask you what to do for duplicate files, in this case, allow it to merge/replace them. For dummies, when you select to extract your zipped file, it’ll show the location that the files will be extracted to in a text bar. That’s the location’s URL and you can find that at the top of each file explorer window, much like a website. Click inside the text box that just popped up and change the URL listed to the location URL of where you just located Monster Girl in your Steam files. This will be at the top of the file explorer window showing all of the Steam app’s data.
- Once extraction is complete, direct your attention to the folder which now has both versions of Monster Girl in it. Find the actual applications for both (figure out which file in these folders will run the game upon click) and see what they are named.
- Locate the original version of Monster Girl, and copy its old name, then rename it to something easy to identify, like ‘Monster Girl OLD’ for example.
- Rename your new install (the version with 18+ content) to exactly what the old one was called before.