An easy guide with tips to start playing Nordic Ashes.
Newbies Notes and Tips
- You may move using a keyboard (ASDW) or a controller.
- Each survivor has a completely different style. Axeldör is melee, Thyra a ranger and Hafgrim a slow but very powerful warlock!
- All characters attack automatically. Focus on positioning yourself correctly to damage your enemies and dodging.
- Look for altars, you may find very interesting Relics and upgrades inside them.
- Remember to destroy all the crates you see. There’s a good chance they’ll drop potions or money.
- Try to accumulate at least 10 gold coins before defeating a Boss. After you do, you will appear in another dimension with different items to purchase.
- During your adventure you will unlock many Relics. That way, you will be able to create spectacular combos in future runs.
- Tip #1: Upgrade one weapon to level 10 before the first Boss. Pay attention to each level’s stats and don’t forget that Damage is essential. Reroll if you see it necessary.
- Tip #2: Constellation Ability Trees: We don’t recommend unlocking all the weapons at once, leaving them at a mediocre level. Focus on 1 and then another.
- Tip #3: Take your time to explore the Midgard map in the early game. As the waves progress, it will be more difficult to explore as you will be surrounded by enemies. Take advantage of this opportunity to complete Altars and destroy crates.
- Tip #4: Complete the 100 enemy Sacrifice Altar in the early game, but don’t get too hung up on completing the 350 one too soon. This last one is faster to unlock after Wave 2, as many enemies appear at once and you will be able to complete it much faster.
- Tip #5: Don’t forget to level up stats like Area or Cooldown. Maxing the Damage stat gives you a +25%, which is really useful during Waves 3 and 4.