How to quickly make things easier for yourself, no special software/programming skill required.
Getting More Resources
1. Go to:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terra Invicta\TerraInvicta_Data\StreamingAssets\Templates\TIFactionTemplate.json
It can be opened with any text editor, such as Notepad.
2. Find the faction you want to play next and scroll down to their “baseAnnualIncomes”. Right below that should be “startingResources”. These represent, as expected, the faction’s base resource income (before being modified by everything you do in a playthrough) and its starting resources.
3. Take note of what these values are currently.
4. Edit them to be higher.
5. Start a new save file with the edited faction (if you edited startingResources) or just load a current one (if you edited baseAnnualIncomes).
Congratulations, you are now rich! Like Earth’s protectors/guiders/overlords/whatever should be. Enjoy a much easier game.
Make sure you edit the values back to their original before your next game! Unless you want to make things harder for yourself, which is a valid option. You could also verify the game files via Steam to reset the values.
I haven’t fully looked through all the .jsons but there’s probably other good things to edit. In the TIFactionTemplate there is also the AI’s decision-making weights, so you could edit that to make them lay off a certain activity, perhaps.
Info From Darkrajin
- “You can edit saves if you select uncompressed in the game settings” [save files are in C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\My Games\TerraInvicta\Saves]
- “You can rather easily edit your councilors. Just search their name [in TICouncilorTemplate.json], than scroll up to find their stats. I think the max stats is like 25 for each skill. So I just change them to 20. You can also change their traits. but they seem to be named slightly differently in the file, to what you see in game. So just copy and paste from another councilor to make sure it’s correct. I did this with one of my agents. That had the indulgent trait, and changed it to streetwise.”