Before you Play the Rain World game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Explore. Discover. There’s no wrong way to go. If you’re completely stuck, restarting from the beginning isn’t as bad of a punishment as it might seem. If you want to be funneled in the right direction, follow the yellow guide’s specific instructions.
- Rain World is a game that needs to be played on its own terms. The goal of the game is not to advance quickly from level to level, the goal is to live and learn your environment. You are not a hero, you are a slugcat. Take things slowly and cautiously at first. Many creatures want to eat you, but many creatures are simply curious.
- Drop items gently by holding down + the “pick up” button. Be careful not to do this on accident when hanging on a pole.
- Items in slugcat’s right hand (left from player’s perspective) will always be used/thrown/etc. first. Double-tap the “pick up” button to switch the items in your hands.
- Slugcat stomachs are impressively ironclad. They can eat almost anything if you’re insistent enough.
- Slugcats are very spry and agile once you get the hang of them. They have lots of hidden moves, including backflips, rolls, and the like.
- Don’t press the jump button underwater. It’ll make you dash forwards, consuming a significant amount of air. The most efficient way to swim is to zigzag back and forth like a snake.
- The meter goes down when you die and up when you live.
- You’ve seen the symbols on the gates before.
- Pearls are quite valuable. Colored pearls especially have a special significance that no lowly scavenger would ever understand.
- In times of darkness, procure a light from the locals (if you still need one, that is.)
- At the end of the road, the wise turn back.
- The white puffball things in Farm Arrays are useful in a very non-obvious way. Experiment. If you can’t stand Farm Arrays, there’s an alternate path in Drainage System.