Before you play the Dragon Quest Builders 2 game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Monsters attack your island regularly until after you start the fourth main island. You can either build defenses for your stuff, or just wait until you finish island four to start building up.
- Completing the side island checklists will grant you an infinite supply of that resource at any crafting station. This does not mean you can safely delete all of those materials, however. You can't build with, for instance, infinite earth, because it is not a physical item in your inventory.
- Lights in town makes ghosts retreat, if you don't care about sleeping.
- The farm gate allows you to make 1 block tall rooms.
- If you don't have a regular supply for a resource yet, keep progressing the story, you will gain access to it, either via the story island, or the explorer shores that open up.
- Eventually you unlock the ability to purchase items you have held previously for Gratitude. You can use story island Gratitude to do this, as long as you are on that island.
- On the first island, don't build too close to the tree as something is intended for that area. Same goes for the area behind the bell and above the first bar on the second island, and the area behind the bell on the third island.
- The only clear indicator of a town's borders is the town level indicator going away and Malroth running up to you. Mark the border so you know how much space you have for rooms.
- Post game tip: Use a dressing table to make a sword of ruin you are wielding look like a falcon's blade.
- You can't skip those dialogues. You'll know what I mean.
- Online Play opens up after the first story island is completed.