Before you play the Surviving Mars game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You can collect surface metal (shiny rocks) with the transport rover.
- Buildings inside domes are not shared between domes, ie if you have a casino in one it will not be used by people in the other. This is supposedly being changed in an upcoming patch.
- However, external buildings can be shared by domes as long as it is within the range of both of them.
- Structures can function outside of drones range, they will just not be maintained.
- The easiest way to transfer drones between hubs is to break them down with the menu in one and build them again with the other. This is free and instantaneous.
- The easiest way to move specialists is to ban them from all other domes with the dome’s preference menu. Give them a thumbs down to ban.
- Colonists will produce babies like crazy until there are too many homeless people in the dome.
- There is no reason to have unspecialized colonists. There are buildings where being specialized is a detriment, but they are things like the grocers where it doesn’t matter. Send everyone to college.
- Water is the least sustainable resource above all else. Save it where you can, because once its gone it’s gone. The small water producers help, but you need a lot spread over a large space to help even one dome.