Other Dragon Quest XI Guides:
- How to Easily Bankrupt the Casino.
- How to Get the Mount Olympian Achievement.
- How to Get the Swordsmith of Light Achievement.
- How to Get the Mooteorologist Achievement.
- How to Get the Puff-Puff Buff Achievement.
Big Hitter Achievement
Awarded for crafting a +3 piece of equipment on the Fun-Size Forge.
Once you receive the forge, craft any +3 (Perfect) item for this achievement to unlock. It sounds harder than it really is and you'll most likely earn this achievement early on.
Let's take a look at the following "Demon Whip" for example:
For those having trouble, the goal is to get the progress bar within the green makers and, if you work it just right, hitting right under the arrow to trigger the bar to turn a yellowish-orange color. However, before you can do anything with the fun-size forge, you need to locate recipes. This requires searching every square inch of the game: in towns, dungeons, open fields, bookshelves (red books!) for them.
Next, you need to locate raw materials for your new (weapon, armor, item). This is a good time to remind you to keep searching for those sparkly bits!
In the photo above, you have a set number of "Forge Points", which indicates a set number of times you can use the forge during each try (think of it like stamina). As you level up the forge by using it, you'll earn more total points, allowing you to craft better gear as you find new receipes.
Your forge temperature always starts at 1,000°(C) and lowers after each hit, meaning the first strike will raise the bar the most and it will slowly be less effective as you progress. Your "Bash" move is your basic strike, hitting one square, one time. Each "Bash" lowers the overal temperature.
"Florish" is your list of special moves. Depending on what you use, it'll have different properties and effects. The total list of "Florish" moves are as follows:
Here are all the Flourishes, their Focus Costs and what they do:
- Double-Edged Bash (8): A strong vertical strike over two squares.
- Quadrabash (12): A strong strike over four squares in a 2×2 configuration.
- Kaquadrabash (18): A double-strength strike over four squares in a 2×2 configuration.
- Crosscutter Blow (7): A strong strike over two diagonal squares.
- Lightening Bash (10): Strike a single square at half strength.
- Double Whammy (8): A double-strength strike on a single square.
- Triple Whammy (11): A triple-strength strike on a single square.
- Crackshot Bash (16): A strike with an increased chance of scoring a critical hit.
- Sizzly Puff (10): Boosts temperature by 300 degrees.
- C-C-Cold Blow (12): Lowers the temperature by 300 degrees.
- Multibash (7): An extra-efficient ability that strikes four squares at random.
- Woosh Bang Wallop (15): A strike that stirs up a stiff breeze, lowering temperature by 150 degrees.
Finding the right combination(s) will require some trial-and-error, so experiement, have fun and you'll master this little mini-game in no time!