A short guide explaining how to connect to Conan Exiles Servers that do not show in the server browser.
This Guide is going to be a comprehensive list of methods used to connect to servers on Conan Exiles.
I have decided to make this guide because i had quite the experience trying to connect to a server i know existed and was up because the owner of said server was talking with me at the time as we were trying to solve the issue.
Method #1 - Steam Server Browser
one method of finding a server that isn't showing up on the ingame list is to see if you can find it on the steam server browser which can be found by doing the following:
- Open up Steam.
- Click on the "View" menu at the top of Steam.
- Then click on "Servers".
- Now make sure you're on the "INTERNET" tab on the window that opens up and click on "Change Filters" in the bottom left of the Servers window.
- In the "Game" drop down box select Conan Exiles. this way the server list only shows servers for the game we want instead of every server for every game steam supports.
Unfortunately steam doesn't have a name filter for us to search the server list for a specific servers name, however the next method is a good work around in some cases.
Method #2 - Steam Favourites
Follow Method one upto step "3". we will also need the IP of the server you are trying to connect to.
Once you have the server window open do the following.
- Select the "Favourites" tab.
- Click on the "Add A Server" button in the bottom right of the favourites window.
- Enter the IP of the server you're trying to connect to then select "find games at this address".
- If you find any servers at the IP then select the server in the list below and select the "Add game server to favourites" button in the bottom right.
if this doesn't work for you please try the next method.
Method #3 - Setting Launch Parameters
This method is the one i personally had success with, you will also need the IP of the server you're trying to connect to, for this method to work.
- Find Conan Exiles in your steam library.
- Right click "Conan Exiles" in your library and select "Properties".
- Then select "Set Launch Options..."
- In the window that pops up you'll want to enter the following: "+connect 18.104.22.168:7777"
- Replace the IP given here with the IP from the server you're trying to connect to.
- Launch your game and then wait it can take a few minutes for it to connect you via tghis method to the server.
I personally found this method to work for me, however please note when i launched the game it took a few minutes to connect and there were a few moments where it looked like the game had got stuck so i would suggest being patient with the game for a bit before giving up.
Method #4 - Using in game Console
This is probably one of the simplest methods of connecting to a server you can't see in the server browser (although you will still need to know the IP of the server you're trying to connect to).
- Launch Conan Exiles.
- Press the "`" key or whatever key opens the console for you, for me it is the key to the left of the "1" key at the top of my keyboard.
- Type in "localtravel 22.214.171.124:7777" without the quote marks, and don't forget to replace the IP and port given here with the one used by the server.
Written by Drow Arrow.