This guide contains all achievement from Final Fantasy VIII – Remastered Disc 2.
Other FF VIII Guides:
- Achievement Guide (Disc One).
- Achievement Guide (Disc Three & Four).
- Getting The 10000 Kills Achievement Legitimately.
- How to Get Squall’s Ultimate Weapon (Lionheart) on Disc #1.
- Use Your Old Save Slot on The Remaster Version.
- Missable Items and Events List.
- Widescreen (Black Bars) Fix.
Balamb Garden – After missiles incident
CC Group Quest
- This sidequest has the prerequisite of winning 15 triple triad games in the Balamb Garden, but Cafeteria, Library or Classroom 2F matches won’t count, so try to play them all in the main hall area.
- Once you’ve done the previous step, you can finally start playing against the members of CC group. Defeat them in the order specified below.
The following achievement will come naturally while doing the sidequest:
- Play Triple Triad
This other might come naturally as well, but if it doesn’t, I highly recommend getting it out of your way as soon as possible:
- Lose a rare card in a Triple Triad game.
Jack (Main Hall)
This is the first of the CC Group opponents.
Card Magician Joker
- Head to the Training Center, take the right path and go past the docks. Save at this point.
- Go back to the docks and look for the Joker. If he isn’t there, go left and right until he spawns.
Card Knight Club
- Save at your dormitory, then head one screen down. Knight can come from the left or right side. If he doesn’t spawn, simply keep reentering the scene until you can find him.
Card Princess Diamond
- Diamond is actually two girls, better known as the Diamond Duo. They can be found just under the Garden directory. Closest save is the dormitory.
Once you’re done with all the CC group members, head to the elevator to continue with the story.
- This boss has Leviathan, a missable GF.
- In order to extract the GF, you first have to damage NORG’s pod quite a bit o reveal its body.
- Once the body is visible, just draw it with any character to get the GF.
- Unlock Guardian Force Leviathan.
Card Prince Spade
- After defeating NORG, you will regain access to the 2F. Save and head there.
- You’ll find two guys sitting at the halfway. Challenge the rightmost one to find out that he’s ‘Spade’.
And that concludes the first part of the CC group quest.
- Inn – Second Floor
- Follow the rails all the way north until reaching a dead end. On the right side there’s a house, go inside.
- The magazine is on the floor.
Card Queen Heart (Garden’s bridge)
- Once the Garden is fixed, head to the bridge and challenge Xu to a card game.
- Defeat her.
Card Master King
- It’s time to hunt the last member of the CC Group.
- Head to the infirmary and attempt to challenge Dr. Kadowaki to a card game. She’ll give you some information regarding the Card Master King and how she lost her position 4 years ago.
- Go to your dormitory and save your game there.
- Examine your bed. If you’re in a party, choose ‘Leave me alone….’, then interact with the bed again and rest.
- The true King will be revealed that night, defeat her to finish the sidequest and unlock the achievement.
Note: She can be rematched at the Bridge, in case of losing or drawing.
Cards Club Master
- Defeat every member of the CC group.
Location: Found on the northernmost continent.
- Go all the way north and take the elevator to access the village.
- Now, head two screens to the left to find a pond with a frog. Enter the right house here.
Location: Found on the southern continent.
Warning: This is a timed dungeon, you can either disable the timer completely by defeating the boss at the end, or keep re-entering the ruins to reset it.
Brief walkthrough to the optional boss
- Take stairs twice until you reach the ruins. Go inside, take the elevator block up.
- Use the left ladder, go in and examine the control panel.
- Go out and all the way down. Examine the blue orb on the altar at the bottom of the ladder. Take the newly appeared stairs to the right.
- Take the ladder immediately at the top of the stairs. Examine statue and take the left eye.
- Go down the ladder and up stairs on the right. Climb up the ladder to the left and examine statue. Put in the left eye, statue gives code. Remember the code, it’s randomized for each playthrough.
- Take both eyes, go back to the first statue and put both in.
- Statue wants a code, put in yours, from top to bottom. Hit cancel to confirm.
- Door opens under, boss fight inside. Reward is the Odin card and the pseudo GF Odin, as well as disabling the timer completely for the rest of the dungeon.
- Defeat between 16 and 22 tonberries to make the Tonberry King show up.
- Tonberry GF will be obtained as a battle reward.
- Unlock Guardian Force Tonberry.
During Fujin and Raijin boss fight.
- Pandemona can be drawn from Fujin.
- Unlock Guardian Force Pandemona
Chocobo’s Beginner Forest
Location: Northernmost continent, right next to Shumi Village.
- Go in, speak to the kid and buy a ChocoWhis for 1,000 Gil.
- Use whistle to find a spot where only one Chicobo shows up, should be around top left corner.
- Interact with the Chicobo to make Mama Chocobo to show up.
- Choose to ride her.
- Capture a Chocobo
Location: Northernmost continent.
Timber Maniacs (Graveyard, right from entrance)
Galbadia Garden Revisited
Location: Centra Continent, southern region.
- Pretty hard to miss since you have to go through that room in order to progress with the story, but still can be missed if you don’t interact with it. The GF is rewarded upon winning the battle.
Note: There’s a save point at the bottom right corner.
- Unlock Guardian Force Cerberus.
- During the fight against Seifer and Edea in the auditorium, defeat Seifer first, then draw Alexander from Edea.
- Unlock Guardian Force Alexander
Recommended for You
- Final Fantasy VIII – Remastered – Achievement Guide (Disc Three & Four)
- Final Fantasy VIII – Remastered – Achievement Guide (Disc One)
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered – How to Get Squall’s Ultimate Weapon (Lionheart) on Disc #1
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered – Use Your Old Save Slot on The Remaster Version
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered – Missable Items and Events List