More Stay Out Guides:
- Labeled Maps.
- How to Buy High Level Items (Without Money or Rep Points).
- Mosin Free and Shotgun Quests Guide.
This guide covers the tutorial and how to get through it quickly in about 25 minutes or so.
This is going to be the first in a series of guides meant for new players to get accustomed to the game without the slog of the misguided and unskippable tutorial. I am skipping the warehouse section of the tutorial. It is self explanatory.
If you have a friend, you have to invite them into your party after you get through the warehouse section. This map is heavily instanced so there aren’t too many people in the same area. Being in the same party solves this.
Main path after the warehouse map:
- Collect the loot box with gear (equip knife and revolver. Right click and read note.)
- Vladimir Ilyich B5-1 South East Corner (Just past the water well. Look for chimney smoke)
- Ask for free bullets
- Start the stash quest “Station: eventual stash in ____” (Unlocks trade for bullets and further quests)
- Start the quest “In the wake of Charon: The hut on the outskirts”
- Collect the stash for the quest. 5 possible locations. Most of them are by a road next to a bush (conserve your ammunition!)
- Collect wood for campfires to cook meat, and pick any plant you see. You can trade them to Vladimir for bullets after this quest is complete. (Save 3 calamus root that grows in the swamps for a later quest)
- Station A7-4 (There is a water pump by the guard NPC)
- Talk to the Watchman NPC sitting on a bench and get the quest (The Watchman’s Request: Copper Wire)
- Talk to the Huckster leaning on a wall behind the building and get the artifact/MGD quest “In Lubech: Baryge service”
- The third and final notable NPC is the stranded passenger sitting down on the east side of the building. Talk to him 4 times and he give you a free medkit!
- Leave the station and head north to A6-4 and pick up the copper wire from one of the trash piles around the transformer. If you are having trouble finding it follow the power lines.
- Take an anti-radiation pill if needed.
- Head over to the north east corner of ж6-1 and use your MGD to grab the artifact in the anomaly at the tunnel mouth. (use both hands numpad and arrow keys for the minigame!)
- Drag the salt batteries to the MGD and drag it to your hotbar.
- Use the hotkey once to equip the device. (Using it again will activate it)
- Turn it off when you don’t need it. Batteries run out fast and are expensive.
- If you are close to an anomaly with an artifact inside, there will be a dot in the top part of the display. You need to get that just just inside the inner square. Any closer and you will start taking damage from the anomaly and die.
- Then hit tab to unlock your cursor and you will be able to click on the dot when it is just inside the inner square.
- The minigame will start at the bottom. Enter the keypresses as they appear and you will have your very first artifact!
- Go west, and follow the road to E5-3. There is an NPC called San Sanych there next to his broken down truck. (There are boars in the forest to the north of the road)
- Start the quests: “Way to Lubech: repair and ride”, and “San Sanych: engine oil canister”
- Head back to the station and turn in the Copper wire quest at the Watchman and the artifact quest at the Huckster.
- Pick up the next quest in the chain: Lubech: Recipe for the watchman (This is the start of the quest line to leave)
- Go to Д5-1in the swamp and talk to the NPC inside the house. Exhaust all his dialogue. This will update your quest “In the wake of Charon: hut on the outskirts”
- Now we go meet Vladimir “Flowers” Ilyich and turn in “In the wake of Charon: hut on the outskirts” quest.
- Ask about the tincture for the Watchman to start the quest
- Vladimir will ask you to kill some of the local dogs and collect their ears. You have to butcher and loot them. They will appear in your inventory as red lettered quest items. (You can’t drop quest items when you die) The closest dogs spawn in B5-4, B6-2 and г6-1
- Now we use the three calamus root we have been holding onto. Go back to the swamp house and put the calamus in the watering can on northern fence by the doghouse.
- Now proceed to the south south-west to the bottom right corner of г5-4 and look for the large tree there. There will be a special calamus root for the quest that will be highlighted by the base of the tree. Make sure your quest updates in your journal.
- Go back to Vladamir to complete the quest.
- Take the now completed the “tincture,” head back to the huckster at the station to get permission to leave.
- The tincture just happens to be called “absolute alcohol” I like to think its vodka :) It probably is…
- Once you have talked to the huckster you will get the quest “In Lubech: permission for Kochegarov”
- Head south on the railroad tracks to г8-4 and the npc will take you to Lubech City and out of the god awful tutorial!
- The next map, Lubech city, was the old tutorial map. There is lots of stuff to do. The map is larger and more dangerous. You can leave this map at any time if you wish to do so. This will lead to an even larger map, Lubech Outskirts, it is even more dangerous. This is going to be a trend. Wait until you see Vesuvius! HAHAHA. (Please don’t rage quit at Vesuvius)
- There are 3 main quest hubs/towns there.
Thanks for reading and I really hope to see you at Lubech city! This game is a lot of fun and there really isn’t anything like it. Find a friend or two and work together. Having an extra gun at the beginning helps!
Get out of here Stalker!