This guide will show you all interactions with Relic Seeker Lemm, the different relics you can sell to him, the lore behind relics and their functionality and locations.
Guide to Relic Seeker Lemm
Who is Relic Seeker Lemm?
Relic Seeker Lemm is the only vendor in Hollow Knight where you can sell items - however, only four items can be sold to Lemm for varying prices.
Lemm can be found in the City of Tears; from the Nailsmith's Hut, travel down and exit his room to the open area with an elevator. Keep going right until you come to the exit to the bottom right of the room and go in. Lemm will be slightly hidden by foreground, so use the elevators in the room to travel up to him.
Lemm is a collector. He travelled to the Kingdom of Hallownest from afar in search of various treasures and relics of the past. Finding him will give you his greeting dialogue.
"Aye Aye. Come searching for rare items have you? Well hands off! This collection is mine and I won't be selling to grubby little wanderers.
Still, I imagine you come across many interesting items in your travels. Maybe you'd care to part with some? I'll offer a fair trade for each."
Upon opening his shop, Lemm will allow you to sell 4 kinds of items to him - Wanderer's Journals, Hallownest Seals, King's Idols and Arcane Eggs.
"These journals give us an interesting glimpse into the minds and hearts of those who lived before us. They're a common find, so I can't offer you too much for them".
Selling Price: 200 Geo
"These ornate seals were the official symbols of the King and his Knights, and were treasured by those who carried them. The King and his Knights are long gone, but the seals still hold value as curiosities. I'll pay a modest price for them".
Selling Price: 450 Geo
"An icon of Hallownest's King, who was revered as both a god and a ruler. Made out of a mysterious white material, these are rare and very valuable. If you'll sell it to me, I'll pay a good price".
Selling Price: 800 Geo
"Ah! This seems like a simple egg, but it's actually a precious relic from before the birth of Hallownest! I'll pay you a small fortune for it. Please sell it to me!"
Selling Price: 1200 Geo
Wanderer's Journals - All 14 Locations
Wanderer's Journals are the most common relic in Hollow Knight. There are a plentiful 14 to be found across all of Hallownest, each netting you 200 Geo.
Collecting all of them and selling them to Relic Seeker Lemm will net you a modest 2800 Geo.
Here is a brief list of all available Wanderer's Journal locations:
- Outside of the Stag Station in Greenpath, hidden behind a breakable wall nearby.
- In the room connecting Greenpath to Fog Canyon.
- In the room southwest of where two Shrumal Ogres are encountered in an arena, the reward being a Charm Notch.
- Whispering Roots can be used with the Dream Nail, the one just north of the Mantis Village having a Journal nearby.
- To the west of the City Storerooms Stag Station.
- North of the stagway 'King's Station'.
- In the Pleasure House, a Hot Spring requiring a Simple Key to open.
- In the Howling Cliffs.
- Found in Crystal Peak in a room guarded by 7 Crystal Crawlers.
- Found in the Resting Grounds in a room near the Soul Eater charm.
- In the Royal Waterways area that connects it to the Ancient Basin.
- In the western part near the entrance to King's Station stagway.
- Next to the bench on the path leading to the Cast-Off Shell, the molt of the Wyrm giving you access to the Abyss.
- To the northwest of where Markoth can be found and fought for 300 Essence.
This map of all Wanderer's Journals:
Hallownest Seals - All 17 Locations
Hallownest Seals are the most common relic found in Hollow Knight, having a total of 17 appearances throughout the Kingdom. Each Hallownest Seal nets you 450 Geo, totalling to a price of a crazy amount of 7650 Geo when all are sold to Lemm.
Here is a brief list of all 17 locations of Hallownest Seals, courtesy of the Hollow Knight Wiki. Go check out their guides and information!
- Given as a reward from Grubfather for saving the 23rd Grub.
- Found in the Forgotten Crossroads in a secret room on the left side of the well.
- Found in Greenpath to the southwest of where Thorns of Agony is acquired.
- In the top section of the room east of Queen's Station.
- In Mantis Village in a chest in the room northeast of the Mantis Lords boss fight, can only be accessed after defeating the Mantis Lords.
- In Queen's Station up in the ceiling where Willoh is eating mushrooms.
- In a room to the northeast of the Overgrown Mound, near the Lifeblood Cocoon.
- In the room connected to the Forgotten Crossroads, hidden in the left wall.
- Found in the Resting Grounds in the catacombs east of the lift, behind several breakable walls.
- Given as a reward from the Seer for 100 Essence.
- To the northwest of Relic Seeker Lemm.
- Above the King's Station Stag Station.
- In Soul Sanctum in the west most room after fighting the Soul Master.
- In Watcher's Spire in the room northwest of the Watcher Knight fight.
- In the south part of Beast's Den.
- In a room northwest of the Mantis Lords.
- Found in Queen's Gardens to the northwest of the Stag Station.
Here is a map that detail all locations of Hallownest Seals:
King's Idols - All 8 Locations
King's Idols are a valuable and hard-to-find relic in Hollow Knight, only appearing 8 times throughout the kingdom. They can be sold individually for 800 Geo, netting a grand total of 6400 Geo for all sold to Lemm.
Here is a brief list of all 8 locations for the King's Idols:
- Given by Grubfather as a reward for saving 38 Grubs.
- Found in Crystal Peak above where Cornifer sells the map.
- Found in the Resting Grounds behind a waterfall in Spirits' Glade.
- Found in the Royal Waterways, in a secret room where White Defender is fought, only accessible with Desolate Dive/Descending Dark.
- Found in the Howling Cliffs in the southwestern part of the map.
- Directly under the Colosseum of Fools behind a breakable wall.
- Behind the Colosseum of Fools and in a secret room.
- Found in Deepnest west of where Zote is trapped in the spider's web.
Here is a map to show all locations of King's Idols:
Arcane Eggs - All 4 Locations
Arcane Eggs are by far the rarest and most valuable relic found in Hollow Knight. The item can be found in 4 different places, and sold for 1200 Geo each. Combining this all together will give you a total of 4800 Geo for all of them.
Here is a complied list of all 4 locations:
- Located below the room where Lifeblood Core is found.
- Directly west of where Shade Cloak is acquired.
- In the south part of Birthplace.
- Given by the Seer in the Resting Grounds as a reward for 1,200 Essence.
Total Geo Earned for All Your Seeking
- Wanderer's Journal: 14 * 200 = 2800
- Hallownest Seal: 17 * 450 = 7650
- King's Idol: 8 * 800 = 6400
- Arcane Egg: 4 * 1200 = 4800
2800 + 7650 + 6400 + 4800 =
Your Grand Total: 21,650 Geo
Wow! That's a lot of Geo. That's equivalent to:
- 8 Trial of the Fool Completions.
- 109 False Knight Kills.
- 10,825 Crawlid Kills.
Enjoy your Geo, and have fun playing Hollow Knight!