Crude, handdrawn map of my progress so far in The Longing. Descriptions included. Do not use if you want to play and explore the game by yourself!
- Cliff / Cave... wait for moss to grow to jump down (Pickaxe visible). ~2 weeks.
- Wait for stalagtite to fall down. ~1 week.
- Library door, blocked from this side.
- Part of musical instrument.
- 20x Moss, 20x Coal, 5x Dissappointment for answers.
- Use pickaxe.
- Cave with boulder, push to let water flow to your home.
- Drops filling hole to climb up. ~1 month.
- Two hours to open door.
- Move bolder to climb ledge.
- Spider. "Visit friend" from above to push spider down.
- It takes ~1 day for the web to be ready to climb.
- Cave with big mushrooms.
- Stand above cracked column for a few minutes to fall down to get axe.
- Examine and wait for map to zoom out for achievement.
- 5 pieces of coal in ~10 minutes.
- Grow mushrooms. Glowing as near as possible to the ledge, green as near as possible to the left of the glowing one.
- Angst. If you get too close he will come for you and you will wake up at home. Idle until you are able to close your eyes walk past him.
- Hidden staircase. Bring glowing mushrooms to see it.
- Walk to the left for app. 10 minutes.
- Well - Take Bucket up for ending. I still need to check who is coming to the well above (like in the dreams) and in what intervall. There is apparently two ways to reach the Secret Tower. One is to light a sulphur fire in your home and Shadow will walk there. Not quite sure though if you need to prepare his way, i.e. boulder at 11 should be moved, spider web at 13 is ready to climb and you grew a big mushroom at 18. You can actually walk to the Secret Tower as well. Go past Angst at 20 and continue to the left for several minutes until you hear your footsteps change to a muffled sound like you are walking on soil. Immediately move to the upper right and shortly after you should get to an illuminated part of the cave again. After you read "The Secret Garden" you can find Shadows comment at the end: "I wonder if there is a secret place in these caves? Well, I better watch the sound of my steps..."
- "Singing" crystal
Click to enlarge...