This guide will show you how 2 free 11+ GB of disc space in Horizon Zero Dawn.
Guide to Reduce Game Size
Like many other games hzd will install language-pack files of all supported languages.
By following these simple steps you can free 11+ GB of disc space.
Open the game folder of HZD:
- …/Steam/common/Horizon Zero Dawn
Open the Packed_DX12-folder
Here you will find many idx & bin-files. These are the language-pack files.
Example (English language-pack files):
Each language-pack consists of 6 files.
- DLC1.bin, Initial.bin & Remainder.bin r crucial game-files.
- If u delete these files when u proceed with step 3, the game will not run anymore.
Delete all the other language-pack files.
U can delete 31 files & free 14+ GB of disk space.
- If u verify the game-cache the files will be restored.
- Future updates may also restore these files.
- Update v1.07 did also not restore the files
- Update v1.06 did also not restore the files
- Update v1.05 did also not restore the files
- Update v1.04 did also not restore the files.
- Update v1.03 did also not restore the files.
- Update v1.02 did also not restore the files.
- Update v1.01 did not restore the files.
Recommended for You
- Horizon Zero Dawn – How to Refund the Game If Automated System Doesn’t Let You
- Horizon Zero Dawn – Ultimate FPS Boost Guide (For Any PC)
- Horizon Zero Dawn – How to Fix Crashing Problems
- Horizon Zero Dawn – Every Mount Ranked & How to Hijack Them
- Horizon Zero Dawn – Tips and Tricks for Getting Started