I will show you how easy it is to change each characters relationship to the main character (change “landlord” to “mother” or “roommate” to “slut”) and even change their names, without downloading any files or mods.
How to Change
- Open your file explorer by holding the Windows key and pressing ‘e’ once.
- Find the game folder. It will be something like:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Man of the House
- Copy the file mapping.xml and rename it something like mappingBACKUP.xml. Now if you screw something up, you can look at the original file to see what you did wrong, or copy it back to mapping.xml if you want to undo all the changes you made.
- An XML file is really a TXT file you can open in notepad or any word processor. It’s a way to store information in English that computers can still understand.
- Right click on “mapping.xml” and hover your mouse over “Open With” and then click “Notepad”.
- Find the name of the character you want to edit. So for Claire change <Text>Claire</Text> to <Text>Mom</Text> or whatever you want. You can call her “Sarah” or “♥ slut” or “♥ slave”, whatever you want as long as you only change the words in between <text> and </text> and nothing else.
- A little below that it will say:
<!-- I am to her: --> <Text>tenant</Text>
Same thing. change tenant to “son” or “boyfriend”, whatever you like.
The labels tell you what each field is for. So you can change her relationship to you:
<!-- And she is to me: --> <Text>landlady</Text>
To say “mommy” or “neighbour” or “♥”, anything you like. Hope that helps anyone who was having trouble with it!