This guide reveals the answer to the Monument’s riddle, which can be found in the final boss area. There are spoilers in this article.
Guide to Solving The Monument Secret
This guide contains spoilers of the endboss and endgame content.
It is highly recommended that you have finished the game at least once or multiple times.
You don’t have to do everything in this guide to unlock looping, you can just skip to “The Solution”
This serves mostly as an explanation to the puzzle behind it all, not direct steps needed to be taken in order to unlock looping.
Step One: The Monument
Before the final boss, you will see a monument. it has 5 hearts, each of them grayed out.
To light the hearts, you simply need to do a shard 50 run. It is not required to win the run.
When the monuments hearts light up, press the interact button multiple times on it.
Doing so will reveal one fourth of a riddle.
It requires at least 4 people to get all of them.
Here is an example of what it will look like if done correctly.
Step Two: Revita Language
Now you got a lot of beautiful patterns, but what do you have to do?
Simple, these patterns is this games own language. You probably saw them in Memoria Station aswell.
There are two Translators. I used the one by BlockCabin and the one by Adam Korinek.
These translators also explain how to translate your version of the language aswell.
Step Three: The Riddle
So, you found 4 or more people to help out and you have translated all of the languages.
But don’t worry, this guide will also tell you the translated riddle:
- To any who seek the looplords boon, prepare to search room by room.
- For all those who warnings never lead, you now chase riddles to closely read.
- Beside a monument she hides, in plain sight yet darkly lies.
- Atop the ticking tower tolls, those repulsed will hide your goals.
- Once defeated that’s when it will strike, a resonant call to those childlike.
- Return to the site where each level concluded, high in the dimness jump five times a cipher occluded.
- And when your search seems complete, a belldritch horror you will finally meet.
Incase you want to solve the riddle on your own, here is a small tip:
The order of what you have to do is a bit jumbled.
Final Step: Boss Room Ciphers
We are now at the last Step… that will lead you step by step how to solve it
- Replay the tutorial, you will find a code at the end of it looking like this (line 3 of the riddle)
- Find out that these are numbers. The sign in Step 2 has some of the numbers.
- Fully translated they are 2-6-1-5-3-4
- Remember that the Riddle said something about jumping. Jump 5 times after killing the correct bosses in the boss room. (line 6 of the riddle)
Doing so will reveal codes similar to the one in the Tutorial.
- Translate those. Translated they should say the following if ordered correctly: LR LJ SL SD UL JR.
Now to actually use everything we know, and finally solve this and reap our reward!
- Kill the Endboss and then wait for the bell to ring (lines 4 and 5 of the riddle). This happens when it becomes a new hour, so either wait, or change your system time.
- Read the letters from the previous step as inputs! The numbers before them correlate with the order. So, after that bell has been heard, input these in this order:
If inputted correctly there should be a noticeable glitch effect. In future runs the grave will now be replaced by the looplord! (lines 1 and 7 in the riddle).