A basic overview how to get get the good Ships fairly quick.
Basic Guide to Shipbuilding
So where to start?
First major poiunt is, you won’t get around without to trade a lot! As for Shipbuilding you need tons of money. It’ll be either to be able to afford the custom Ship Parts or to Invest into certain Ports to speed up their development.
To be able to Start a Guild in a port you need to reach a certain reputation there. It’s not much, you’ll need a total of 200 contribution points which you’ll be able to gain fairly quick with a few trades with goods from other regions. Once you reach that point it starts to get expansive.
To be able to start the guild you’ll need 50.000 Gold and 2 different types of trade goods and then 5 of each.
Once you reached that point you’ll be able to invest in there certain cities.
There are 2 Type’s of Cities you need to invest into. The First is kind of logical, the Mayjor Port’s of each region, for example Seville or Lisbon etc.
The 2nd type are port’s with an Ship Material Store. Not every port with an Shipyard has also gotten an Ship Material Store and the other way around.
To unlock certain Shipbuilding Part’s each town needs an certainTech Level. The Basic Parts are always available.
Port’s with an Shipbuilding Part’s Shop for Each Region
- Aphalt (Will only be rquired for Ship’s build with an Blueprint) @ Tech LVL 300.
- Light Canvas @ Tech LVL 400.
- Large Penal @ Tech LVL 400.
- Large Mast @ Tech LVL 600.
- Reinforced Keel @ Tech LVL 700.
- Tar (Will only be rquired for Ship’s build with an Blueprint) @ Tech LVL 300.
- Reinforced Penal @ Tec LVL 400.
- Reinforced Mast @ Tech LVL 600.
- Light Keel @ Tech LVL 700.
- Lime (Will only be rquired for Ship’s build with an Blueprint) @ Tech LVL 300.
- Large Canvas @ Tech LVL 400.
- Large Panel @Tech LVL 400.
Available Ship Parts:
- Laquer (Will only be rquired for Ship’s build with an Blueprint) @ Tech LVL 300 (maybe even earlier).
- Reinforced Penal @ Tech LVL 400.
- Light Mast @ Tech LVL 600.