How to make the lockpicking make sense.
Tips to Lockpicking
You’re here because you are tired of lockpicking. You have the mark inside the gold and yet, you fail! This is a screenshot of a fail.
Here is the deal:
- Having the tumbler land within the gold zone is meaningless.
- Each ring level is totally independent-no need to align the rings with each other. Any place you are able to open a ring is just fine.
- You have to have the tumbler over the mark, and the mark is usually invisible (sometimes on inner dials it can be seen).
- The mark will only be exactly in the middle when the gold zone is at the maximum width.
- You can hear a click when it is over the mark, but thats mostly useless.
- Your pick will generally be right in the way of what youre trying to do, but having it lead a bit is often helpful. If you fail, the rings will pick up moving where they left off, so scramble right back to where they were and it is a tiny bit easier on the retry. Take your time. Let the rings go around and around. Until you are able to move the pick to a spot where you can have the tumbler arrive during maximum width. Occasionally, if im up for a cup of coffee for a few minutes, a pick zone will even stop moving and then maximum width is automatic.
Dont bother wasting your skill points in making this easier, simply save before every lockpick and after every successful win. You can always just reload and keep those precious points for things you care about.