Before you play the Elite: Dangerous game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Other players have hollow icons on the sensor display, and have CMDR in front of their names.
- If players are hogging up all the docking bays on an outpost, you can switch over to solo mode to land.
- Before upgrading or buying a new ship, make sure you have enough money to cover the insurance cost in case it gets blown up, or you’ll lose your hard earned ship (the starter equipped Sidewinder is free though).
- If you’re bounty hunting, don’t shoot pirate ships until the scan on them finishes, and the red Wanted text appears in the bottom left. Otherwise you’ll get reported to the police for assault unless you’re in a lawless system.
- Ramming is a valid combat tactic.
- Buy a fuel scoop with your money first. Running out of fuel means you die. Don’t run out of fuel.
- If and when you can, buy an interdiction module. These will make it easy for you to do the assassination missions, so you don’t spend an hour roaming around at 300*c while confused.
- Don’t be afraid of combat. Even using an Xbox360 controller and whatever the second cheapest gimbled multicannons are, I was able to take out any NPC I rolled up on that had a wanted level. I assume this will change soon but right now I’m rolling in cash. I’ve even taken on some players in PVP and won which for me is like some kind of celestial message from the gods of an impending visitation, or the people who play this are relatively bad at space shoots.
- Don’t bother doing emergency stops. You won’t be anywhere near where you want to be, and you take damage.
Be the first to comment